How to Combat trolls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nepoche

11-02-2012

So in the pregame lobby in ranked I think there should be a votekick option that activates when all players not affiliated with the person vote to kick him. It is VERY annoying when everyone cooperates in the in-game lobby and one person refuses to co-operate and says he is going to troll. This is a serious issue, and because i do not want to lose ELO in a 40 minute game with very few chance of success I shouldn't have to suffer a 30 minute dodge penalty. This way, the trolling player suffers the penalty for 30 minutes instead of a regular player. Of course, there is always a chance for abuse; however, i think this will improve the character of everybody in the in-game lobby overall since most of the people in ranked generally want to win. Thoughts?

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Oh sure, give the players a system to votekick that won't totally be abused and hasn't been suggest HUNDREDS OF TIMES.

Seriously, whenever the players are given the power to decide something, they **** it up.

Nepoche

11-02-2012

So, how about you can get votekicked, but with no timer? that would kick the people from the game but it wouldn't be a major inconvenience if you are kicked for no reason.

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoche View Post
So, how about you can get votekicked, but with no timer? that would kick the people from the game but it wouldn't be a major inconvenience if you are kicked for no reason.
Premades could abuse this, either because some random could come along or piss them off, or they could all be trolls. They could literally queue only to kick other people and piss them off.

Nepoche

11-02-2012

I think you misunderstood my point, This would only be applied to Ranked Solo/Duo so one could not abuse with a full party

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

If the match takes 40 minutes, it seems like it wasn't that obvious of a loss....

Nepoche

11-02-2012

even if it is a 20 minute surrender, that's still a full 20 minutes that i would have to waste to a game that i know is already lost. Everyone knows that a 4v5 puts the former team at a great disadvantage. This is why leavers are punished but the trolls should be punished equally as hard.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoche View Post
This is why leavers are punished but the trolls should be punished equally as hard.
They are. Report them after the match and move on.

For what it's worth, some times you can calm the trolls down. If you let them get to you and just assume it's a loss, it's almost certainly going to end up being a loss. If you try salvage it and try working with the troll, sometimes you can pull out a win.

Nepoche

11-02-2012

That is true, sometimes they will work with you, but other times one isn't so lucky. If this person is set on forcing the team to lose the game, there is no way you can stop him. The whole point of my argument is that nobody wants to play a ranked game where you knowingly are going to lose ELO especially at this time where some people are frantically trying to raise their ELO for the end-of-season rewards. Not only does it take 20 minutes to lose ELO, but it will also take you at least another 20 to get it back to what you had before. This results in a "wasted" 40 minutes.

Greenfin Tuna

11-06-2012

That is a great idea all we need to do is add a 15 minute concede vote, make creeps and towers and allies deniable and add taunts