Dominion used to be cool.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

11-04-2012

Normal blinds at high elo on SR still follow the meta and ***** when you deviate unless you try to ask them beforehand to try something different.

cocacolalips

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Normal blinds at high elo on SR still follow the meta and ***** when you deviate unless you try to ask them beforehand to try something different.
But it's infinitely more balanced, hence the pool of champions.
On Dominion you have 15 true terrors and that's it.
That's part why Dominion is not taken seriously. Even by Riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
This whole thread is BS. There is no game breaking champions apart from Kassadin, play what you like, the only champion that can actually shift a game is Kassadin.

Yes Jax is strong but he's nothing special until late game.
Yorick and Urgot are annoying but as long as you don't let them neutralize, you've already done your job, you don't have to kill them.
Ezreal is annoying but a well played Vayne is just as bad.
I'm not even going to acknowledge Darius, just kite him, I play mainly AP carries so I love Darius on enemy team.
Rammus? LOL Seriously ? Amumu, Malphite, Leona, Alistar, etc running around and you want to talk about Rammus.
Blitzcrank? Don't get hooked... he's not game breaking.

Honestly, you're complaining about champs like rammus, jax,darius and you didn't even mention Kassadin,

Also, how is this different from SR? They also have the same meta and same champions almost every game. People can play whatever they want for fun, or they can play the champions they think are strong to win, most people will do the latter, doesn't mean you have to.
For you.

Quote:
But now, I only face the same 15-20 derp champions that roll all over the game every match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
Have you tried playing ARAM's? I think this is the variety you are looking for, with still no cs-phase and no poverty. They are quite enjoyable, it just takes a bit longer for a game to start because people will dodge, and you don't get as much IP from them as they are all custom games. But you can usually build however you want (5 warmogs Atamas volibear ), and the all random makes it to where you wouldn't see the same champions every game.
I haven't played ARAM in forever, while I find it a bit dull, the new map Proving Grounds makes it more enjoyable.
Tho, there's no way to balance out the players to make it more fair. Looks like every mode has its flaws.

Vintage Daisy

11-04-2012

You guys are actually serious about Rammus?

MrJiff

11-04-2012

I gotta admit tho, my heart sinks when i see a jax on the enemy team. Gotta save my exaust AND burn for dat mofo.

DiscworldDeath

11-04-2012

You should run Revive, how do you get both exhaust and ignite?

Dunno, when I play Jax I feel all powerful. When I play Jax, I usually don't feel very scared. Hadn't since I stopped fearing him at some point before his rework.

He's definitely good, but fearing champions is never helpful. I get annoyed by Kassadin, but it's more his effect on the map rather than his effect in any single fight.

HaIfhearted

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
But it's infinitely more balanced, hence the pool of champions.
On Dominion you have 15 true terrors and that's it.
That's part why Dominion is not taken seriously. Even by Riot.
Did you watch the S2 World Championships?
It was basically the same pool of 15 champions picked and banned over and over again, and that was it.

If you want to use champion variety as a argument about Dominion balance, then SR shouldn't have ranked either.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Yes I do not understand that claim that SR is more balanced than dominion. Let's see viable champ in high level play.

Ranged ad:
SR: Ezreal, Jayce, Corki, Vayne, Kog maw, Caitlyn, Miss fortune, Graves, Ashe, Draven.
Do: Ezreal, Jayce, Corki, Vayne, Kog maw, Caitlyn, Miss fortune, Graves, Urgot, Kayle. Varus.
Let's call it even?

AP:
SR: Karthus, Orianna, Vladimir, Anivia, Lux, CAssiopeia, Morgana, Zyra, Diana, Ryze, Eve, Gragas, Zilean, Ahri, Twisted Fate, Nidalee.
DO: Lux, Cassopeia, Zyra Diana, Ryze, Zilean, Ahri, Kassadin, Fizz, Eve, Swain, Brand, TEemo, Malzahar, Leblanc, Nidalee
Wow, I didn't expect on this one for dom to pull ahead.

Ranged Support
SR: Sona, Lulu
DO: Sona, Lulu, Janna
Dominion pulls ahead.

Tank
SR: Shen, Maokai, Nunu, Leona, Taric, Alistar, Blitzcrank, Singed, Amumu
DO: Maokai, Nunu, Leona, Taric, Alistar, Blizcrank, Singed, Amumu
Sr pulls ahead with shen.

Bruiser
SR: Skarner, Mundo, Yorick, Olaf, Shyvana, Udyr, Malphite, Darius, Cho gath, Rumble
DO: Skarner, Yorick, Olaf, Udyr, Malphite, Darius, Mordekaiser.
Wow, in the bruiser department, is SR that comes ahead, the world is upside down.

Fighter Duelist

SR: Irelia, Jax, Lee sin, Nocturne, Xin zaho, Riven, Rengar.
DO: Poppy, Pantheon, Wukong, Jarvan, Xin zaho, Riven, Talon, Jax, Irelia, Lee sin, Nocturn, Rengar, Kazix.

Dominion pulls ahead on this one obviously.

I really do not see how is this claim that SR is more balanced than dominion.

Camsaiga

11-04-2012

Mmm I played Dominion for 8 or 9 months straight, once Jabebot died I began to slowly play it less and less until I took a break from LoL. I came back with this account here and have played mostly SR and some TT.

I feel your list WaterD is not really representing SR very well. Overall they are two very different maps with different balance structures so trying to compare them in this way is a bit silly. However if doing so then they are not so far apart. The biggest difference I would say is that Dom is more flexibile in team comps where as SR you need certain champion types that scale differently at various points of the game.

Ranged AD is close, though Draven has been seeing a lot more high ELO play recently, not sure where this may go yet. Kayle is also viable just not popular but does see play and hard counters many of the popular tops.

AP is off as in Eve is popular and even in tourney play or at least was pre nerf. Katarina is hugely popular right now. Twisted Fate is common pick as well.

Ranged support I would add Zyra, very popular right now and is leading to nerfs

Bruiser you forgot Hecarim who is becoming more and more popular and recently has seen tourney play.

Fighter Duelist there is also, Riven who you put for Dom and not SR even though she is played constantly at high elo, Rengar still seen after nerfs jungle and top lane, Nidalee still ran and used in tourney play, Rumble has like a 55% win rate.

Also with S3 we will be seeing tons of new items coming to SR and the fabled AD caster items which I hope will bring champs like Renekton back out to play more often as he is still super strong until late game.

So they are both very close on champion pools and with S3 things could even begin to favor SR more since Riot does not put a lot of effort into Dominion anymore. Though as I said they are so vastly different that this sort of comparison is a bit off IMO.

Now the most imbalanced is obviously the new TT but they also have a long list of stuff in the works for that map which should hopefully get it balanced out and in a good place.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

I did changes according to your comments. I forgot about TF , now added, Zyra is already in AP. Eve is already listed for SR. Draven Isn't picked in a tournament forever but still added Drave, true, I forgot.
Where did hecarim seen tournament play? Maybe, just never saw it.
Added Riven
Added Rengar to bot dom and SR
Added rumble.

How you are more happy with the list. Still pretty even imo. My point isthat the amount of viable champions, even in different type of champs, there isn't a big difference as claimed.

Camsaiga

11-04-2012

Looks good! I also agree in that both SR and Dom and fairly well balanced when it comes to champion pools. I feel that Dominion is more flexible though simple because the formula for SR is very worked out at least until S3 and the big changes coming at that time.

I wish Riot would give ranked to Dominion and some more tourney support, would be interesting to see what the meta would be. I mean there is one of sorts now but it would change and set firmly if we saw ranked and support for dominion. Sadly they have no plans for Dominion ranked in S3 and there has never been much of a good excuse for it either. The splitting the player base excuse is horribly weak since they released just how many people play this game there is plenty of room for high elo super starts, tourneys and ranked to form for Dom and SR. I mean they have ranked for TT....