Dominion used to be cool.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-03-2012

IT seems weird to me, i do not get that neccesity for variety, but if that's what you need, I guess I can understand it, I guess many problem do not have that neccesity


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
You don't understand. It's nothing personal. I could care less about what people think and what not. I have played every single champion with every single possible build. I know what's good and what's not, what's optimal and what's not. But I don't care.

What does concern me is that I see a Rammus, a Jax, a Jayce, a Darius, a Blitzcrank every single game.
It doesn't matter on what team they are. It's exactly the same.
It's like eating the same lunch over and over and over. You know what I mean? It makes you puke.

On SR, you don't have much of this, because the game is quite balanced.


+1 Halfhearted, give 'em Cookies, give 'em Ranked, riot plz
Have you tried playing ARAM's? I think this is the variety you are looking for, with still no cs-phase and no poverty. They are quite enjoyable, it just takes a bit longer for a game to start because people will dodge, and you don't get as much IP from them as they are all custom games. But you can usually build however you want (5 warmogs Atamas volibear ), and the all random makes it to where you wouldn't see the same champions every game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Yeah, one of the most important things about playing a "different" build is to communicate your intentions to your team before the game starts, so they can plan their champion choices accordingly.

It helps to stop a lot of the rage if you let people know you're doing something "fun" beforehand.
I love when someone picks Janna or Shaco and doesn't tell us their going POOTERS so we don't build a team that can disengage 4v3s or outpoke the other team then rages because if he was on a good team POOTERS would have won.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vintage Daisy

Member

11-03-2012

This whole thread is BS. There is no game breaking champions apart from Kassadin, play what you like, the only champion that can actually shift a game is Kassadin.

Yes Jax is strong but he's nothing special until late game.
Yorick and Urgot are annoying but as long as you don't let them neutralize, you've already done your job, you don't have to kill them.
Ezreal is annoying but a well played Vayne is just as bad.
I'm not even going to acknowledge Darius, just kite him, I play mainly AP carries so I love Darius on enemy team.
Rammus? LOL Seriously ? Amumu, Malphite, Leona, Alistar, etc running around and you want to talk about Rammus.
Blitzcrank? Don't get hooked... he's not game breaking.

Honestly, you're complaining about champs like rammus, jax,darius and you didn't even mention Kassadin,

Also, how is this different from SR? They also have the same meta and same champions almost every game. People can play whatever they want for fun, or they can play the champions they think are strong to win, most people will do the latter, doesn't mean you have to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
This whole thread is BS. There is no game breaking champions apart from Kassadin, play what you like, the only champion that can actually shift a game is Kassadin.

Yes Jax is strong but he's nothing special until late game.
Yorick and Urgot are annoying but as long as you don't let them neutralize, you've already done your job, you don't have to kill them.
Ezreal is annoying but a well played Vayne is just as bad.
I'm not even going to acknowledge Darius, just kite him, I play mainly AP carries so I love Darius on enemy team.
Rammus? LOL Seriously ? Amumu, Malphite, Leona, Alistar, etc running around and you want to talk about Rammus.
Blitzcrank? Don't get hooked... he's not game breaking.
Jax - arguably the strongest bruiser in the game. He scales into lategame like nothing else and can get to the point where he can 1v2 and 1v3 people on the enemy team like its nothing. Theres a very good reason why hes regarded as an OP.
Also has a good early-mid game.

Yorick - extremely dangerous bot laner with very few counters, and even some of his counters require extremely good play to not die. In solo q, chances are Yorick will win bot, and then he will snowball out of control and no matter who you try and switch down he will kill them and take your point anyway.

Urgot - hes kinda like Yorick in bot lane, but hes also extremely powerful top. Just an all round dangerous and powerful pick.

Darius - doesn't seem that bad until you run into a good one, then you start to understand all the qq. Deals massive damage and can quickly rip an entire team to shreds almost single-handedly if left unfocused.
Oh, and this is while building almost pure tank.

Ez - I agree with you here. Ez is strong, but not OP.

Rammus - there is a VERY good reason why Rammus used to be one of Dominions perma-bans, and its not because of POOTERSS. Rammus is extremely tanky, has a pretty high amount of cc, is fairly damaging for a tank, and his mobility means he can respond to threats around the map almost instantly.

He's also very good at catching people out of position for his team to kill, which makes him that much more dangerous in solo q.
*Also, your consideration of Leona as a higher threat than Rammus is seriously questionable.

Blitz - ahhh, but all it takes is for him to land 1 good hook and he practically won the teamfight by himself.
I'm not sure if I would call him OP, but hes strong enough that I would say hes at least borderline.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Jax - arguably the strongest bruiser in the game. He scales into lategame like nothing else and can get to the point where he can 1v2 and 1v3 people on the enemy team like its nothing. Theres a very good reason why hes regarded as an OP.
Also has a good early-mid game.

Yorick - extremely dangerous bot laner with very few counters, and even some of his counters require extremely good play to not die. In solo q, chances are Yorick will win bot, and then he will snowball out of control and no matter who you try and switch down he will kill them and take your point anyway.

Urgot - hes kinda like Yorick in bot lane, but hes also extremely powerful top. Just an all round dangerous and powerful pick.

Darius - doesn't seem that bad until you run into a good one, then you start to understand all the qq. Deals massive damage and can quickly rip an entire team to shreds almost single-handedly if left unfocused.
Oh, and this is while building almost pure tank.

Ez - I agree with you here. Ez is strong, but not OP.

Rammus - there is a VERY good reason why Rammus used to be one of Dominions perma-bans, and its not because of POOTERSS. Rammus is extremely tanky, has a pretty high amount of cc, is fairly damaging for a tank, and his mobility means he can respond to threats around the map almost instantly.

He's also very good at catching people out of position for his team to kill, which makes him that much more dangerous in solo q.
*Also, your consideration of Leona as a higher threat than Rammus is seriously questionable.

Blitz - ahhh, but all it takes is for him to land 1 good hook and he practically won the teamfight by himself.
I'm not sure if I would call him OP, but hes strong enough that I would say hes at least borderline.
He forgot Jayce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post

Yorick - extremely dangerous bot laner with very few counters, and even some of his counters require extremely good play to not die. In solo q, chances are Yorick will win bot, and then he will snowball out of control and no matter who you try and switch down he will kill them and take your point anyway.

Rammus - there is a VERY good reason why Rammus used to be one of Dominions perma-bans, and its not because of POOTERSS. Rammus is extremely tanky, has a pretty high amount of cc, is fairly damaging for a tank, and his mobility means he can respond to threats around the map almost instantly.

He's also very good at catching people out of position for his team to kill, which makes him that much more dangerous in solo q.
*Also, your consideration of Leona as a higher threat than Rammus is seriously questionable.

Blitz - ahhh, but all it takes is for him to land 1 good hook and he practically won the teamfight by himself.
I'm not sure if I would call him OP, but hes strong enough that I would say hes at least borderline.
I actually haven't seen as many yoricks lately as i used to. since about the time of that very small sustain nerf they gave him actually. Maybe that made it where it was more difficult for him to roflstomp and so less people are playing him. I see more jayces than anything.

Correct, not because of POOTERSS- because of Ekis the Seraph 2gud with the 'dillo

I don't know where exactly blitz falls on the power scale. He can be extremely strong and i hate facing him but he takes a lot of skill to play properly and not a lot of people do play him, much less extremely well. He's kinda like orianna in my opinion where he can be a game changer if played skillfully but if not then hes just kinda meh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vintage Daisy

Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Jax - arguably the strongest bruiser in the game. He scales into lategame like nothing else and can get to the point where he can 1v2 and 1v3 people on the enemy team like its nothing. Theres a very good reason why hes regarded as an OP.
Also has a good early-mid game.

Yorick - extremely dangerous bot laner with very few counters, and even some of his counters require extremely good play to not die. In solo q, chances are Yorick will win bot, and then he will snowball out of control and no matter who you try and switch down he will kill them and take your point anyway.

Urgot - hes kinda like Yorick in bot lane, but hes also extremely powerful top. Just an all round dangerous and powerful pick.

Darius - doesn't seem that bad until you run into a good one, then you start to understand all the qq. Deals massive damage and can quickly rip an entire team to shreds almost single-handedly if left unfocused.
Oh, and this is while building almost pure tank.

Ez - I agree with you here. Ez is strong, but not OP.

Rammus - there is a VERY good reason why Rammus used to be one of Dominions perma-bans, and its not because of POOTERSS. Rammus is extremely tanky, has a pretty high amount of cc, is fairly damaging for a tank, and his mobility means he can respond to threats around the map almost instantly.

He's also very good at catching people out of position for his team to kill, which makes him that much more dangerous in solo q.
*Also, your consideration of Leona as a higher threat than Rammus is seriously questionable.

Blitz - ahhh, but all it takes is for him to land 1 good hook and he practically won the teamfight by himself.
I'm not sure if I would call him OP, but hes strong enough that I would say hes at least borderline.

None of those champions are game breaking, in fact, apart from Yorick/Urgot and maybe Ezreal, no one bans Jax/Blitz/Darius in 4pl tournaments any more. The only game breaking champ that no one seems to be talking about is Kassadin. Which makes me think more that this is all a L2P issue since because Mr Kassadin can not 1v2 people he is not strong. There fore big scary Darius and Jax > Kassadin. I get caught out of position and taunted by Rammus or grabbed by Blitz, clearly they are more OP and it's nothing to do with me.

Amirite


Edit: And please stop talking about pooters like it's anything more than a troll build. Backcapping Rammus, lolwtf is this, 1200 elo? xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
None of those champions are game breaking, in fact, apart from Yorick/Urgot and maybe Ezreal, no one bans Jax/Blitz/Darius in 4pl tournaments any more. The only game breaking champ that no one seems to be talking about is Kassadin. Which makes me think more that this is all a L2P issue since because Mr Kassadin can not 1v2 people he is not strong. There fore big scary Darius and Jax > Kassadin. I get caught out of position and taunted by Rammus or grabbed by Blitz, clearly they are more OP and it's nothing to do with me.

Amirite

Edit: And please stop talking about pooters like it's anything more than a troll build. Backcapping Rammus, lolwtf is this, 1200 elo? xD
The 4pl guys have proven that they have no clue how to play Dominion at a reasonably high level often enough that I just write them off as a joke.
They aren't good enough to be brought into a discussion about Dominion balance, unless you are making jokes about poor play.

It's true that Kassadin is a poor duelist, but the reason he is so OP has more to do with his insane mobility than his ability to 1v1 people.

Rammus is a hyper-mobile, fairly high damage, high cc tank. I think the reason so few people play him is more because he is boring to play rather than how strong he is.

Blitz is strong, but as I said earlier I don't think he's a full-blown OP.

I will agree with you in that POOTERSS is a bit of an overrated playstyle that is a lot less effective than most people seem to give it credit for.
Its fun to play and fun to watch, but falls painfully short against opponents who know how to deal with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
It's ok though.
If we ever do get a ranked queue, all the try-hards will move over there, and then the people who just want to play this game for fun and not have to worry about optimal champions and whatnot will remain in blind pick, and everyone will be happy.

Help us lobby for a ranked Dominion queue. It will benefit you too, even if you aren't a competitive player.
This is patently false. People in Normal SR usually enforce the meta as well, especially once your Normal Elo rises up some.