F**K I BOUGHT 2 BOOTS! (sellback idea)

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

SUMMARY: there should be a grace period after buying an item to sell it back for a full refund <BUT> is Not permitted if you cast/attack before trying to sell it back (in mind of karthus and raka)

what i propose is maybe 5-10 seconds of grace after buying an item to sell it back for full price (only includes the most recent part of an item/recipe in the construction of an item.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Everyone has those times when...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
those times when you buy one to many boots
or that time when you bought an extra zeal
or that time you lagged and you thought you didn't buy your item.
or that extra philo stone,
even changing your mind after taking a second glace at their items
or just clicked too fast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Problematic because~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well after you make this mistake you feel pretty stupid, AND if someone catches you, all hell breaks loose.
+ a loss in gold is never good in a game that REVOLVES around GOLD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pros and Cons~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

there is NO down side. i mean really think of ONE and i will destroy this thread

benefits:
-no stupid feeling after buying a duplicate item
-no punishment of gold
-no rages to punish you if caught

please riot, yes i am an idiot for clicking to fast but come on, i should not be punished for a mistake i can fix in under 5 seconds.

wzthegreat

11-02-2012

I like the idea, but misclicks are part of the game...
it is not just you that does that, many others do that as well, and everyone is mixed up in games, so that happens once in a while, but it is always the even chances who will do that (unless someone is extremely careless).

I am neutral about this idea.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

yeah i agree it is part of the game, but a miss click in a team fight is different from buying an item by mistake. :\

i can see why you are neutral but i feel like it would just be a +1up to the mechanics of the game and make playing a little better for when you do mess up.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Karthus. Karthus makes this problematic.

Buy a ton of AP, ult, sell back, buy whatever it is you really need.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

i think you misread sir. but i do like your point.

i am asking for 5 seconds after purchase of an item. so yes in theory he could buy a needlessly large rod, ult and sell it back

but in the case of karthus might as well make the grace period 3 seconds, that will make it so he wont be able to sell the large rod back after having to channel the ult.

points to show it would be balanced still-
-1st if the grace period were shorter than channel he would be stuck with his decision,
-2nd of all he would need to money in order to buy the item and it would be only 1 at best probably
-3rd chances of him saving his ult for just the time after Buying the item would be rare.

wzthegreat

11-02-2012

How about if the champion does any dmg to enemies, the item sell back will not be 100% but the way it should be because he techniquely used the item to do dmg (does not matter if physical or magical or armor or whatsoever), if the champ did not do any dmg, the item still can be sold back.
one more thing, what do you do about upgrade items? for ex: you already have a needlessly large rod, and bought deathcap, then selling deathcap, what do you do about that?

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzthegreat View Post
How about if the champion does any dmg to enemies, the item sell back will not be 100% but the way it should be because he techniquely used the item to do dmg (does not matter if physical or magical or armor or whatsoever), if the champ did not do any dmg, the item still can be sold back.
one more thing, what do you do about upgrade items? for ex: you already have a needlessly large rod, and bought deathcap, then selling deathcap, what do you do about that?
your idea is nice, i like it.
after buying a complete upgrade, then selling it, i believe you should get what parts you had already back, and it should only sell the part you JUST bought not what you ALREADY had.

so if you have a needlessly large rod and a blasting wand + 1120 gold then you should keep the two items but get the recipe cost refunded..

KillSpree123

11-02-2012

nice nice

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzthegreat View Post
I think if anything, you have to make it if they use any ability all. Soraka global heal.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

yeah it really depends though, it does seem balanced.
but there is still such a small chance a raka will go back to base just to use ult, i mean how random. :\
but i do like the idea of not being able to sell back after a cast

12345 ... 7