4v5 from the start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Is there any way to come back from a game where it's a 4v5 at the beginning? Even when/if they come back it seems like a lost cause.

IronAegis

10-05-2012

Possible, but really tough. Your only hope is that they aren't the brightest and start making mistakes. Otherwise, they can cover more ground than you can, and you get rolled in a stand up fight. It sucks, but what can ya do besides climb out of the elo where it is less common.

Edit, less common, not more. Not sure what my elo is but it's fairly rare now. Can't be that high because it does happen! Not sure why I got downvoted, though?

naotasan

10-05-2012

If you can hold two points so your nexus health doesn't decrease quickly until your team mate comes back, it's very possible for a turn around.

Full Brain

10-06-2012

I have done it 15-25 times I suppose. You need certain things to align like having at least 3 good players on your team and no more than 1 on the other. Having some idiot building Xin as a tank on the other team and getting zero kills helps as well; that happened the other day when we won 4vs5.

Judging from your defeatist post(and you apparently never winning a 4vs5) you aren't a good player though so that would mean the other 3 people need to be good.

Precarious Gray

10-07-2012

Here is the question you're really asking, laid bare:

"Is it possible to come back from a losing game?"

I don't know, have you ever had less points than the enemy team and ended up winning? It's not a matter of "oh no! They have five players and we have four!"

You may errantly lull them into a false sense of comfort, only to throw them off balance after the fact.

Full Brain already said it best when you embody a defeatist attitude. Those who give up in primacy can ultimately never succeed.

So stop having such a negative attitude. To extrapolate, you are one but person in a world of billions. Do you intend to give up on your life, too?

Okabe1 048596

10-08-2012

I've done it several times. being behind 100 or even 250 health is NOT gg, its just a huge disadvantage.

edit: obviously implying that the person came back. i don't think a reasonably matched game could ever be won 4v5 in Dom.

Runieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I had no idea my psychotic depression was that apparent even online.

But yes, I have never won a 4v5, I came very close one game when I had a baller rammus on my team. The enemy team just realized that since we were down a man anyway they could spread out easier than us, and they stopped running into the middle of the map one at a time while we picked them off.

otirruborez

10-08-2012

never seen a 4v5 win in about 650 games.

frumper

10-08-2012

When its 4v5 you have to isolate over extending solo players and gank them then force a quick 4v4 or retreat.

I'm at 2k+ games, but only won a couple 4v5's, other team has to be really bad. When your team mate comes back and its 5v5 if you held two and ganked properly, it's easily winnable. You'll be able to tell before your teammate reconnects, if the 4 of you are working well together the 5th returning is usually a win or close game due to rubberband.

MVpmack

10-08-2012

I've DCed at the loading screen, come back to a 250 point deficit and turned the entire game around. Dominion isn't really huge on snowballing, so a comeback is possible as long as the person reconnects. If it is a true 4v5 and the DCer doesn't come back, you are hosed and there is nothing you can do.