Death timers rise too suddenly, go too high

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

The timers are definitely too short early game imo. If you kill the enemy there's no time or opportunity to capitalize and make any kind of play one way or another. You basically just sit and continue farming which isn't cool imo. I'm not 100% on whether or not this is solely the fault of short death timers or a lack of things to do on the map either however (like the massive gap between the opposing outer towers).

Takhuan

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
The timers are definitely too short early game imo. If you kill the enemy there's no time or opportunity to capitalize and make any kind of play one way or another. You basically just sit and continue farming which isn't cool imo. I'm not 100% on whether or not this is solely the fault of short death timers or a lack of things to do on the map either however (like the massive gap between the opposing outer towers).
Agreed. This is my problem with every game lasting 30+ minutes for me. I haven't had much problem with late game spawn times for the defender but I do have a problem with the respawn time for a team that did score an ace not being able to push lanes while trying to secure alters fast enough to turn over an objective.

If they can't push from the inhib tower through to the nexus before respawning it should be fine for me, and in most cases I see I am respawning and defending soon enough for most of the game that matters to me, ie the 30 minute games at most.

The real problem with obfiscation of teamwork and strategy is the snowballing with the elixirs and all of the buffs from spider and the alters.

Taarki

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Players thought they were too long in internal testing.
so why put them longer at late game if they were already to long?
also are we ever MABYE going to see the old TT in classic or custom ever?

VintageSheep

11-03-2012

I personally feel that in the beginning you just spawn in way to quick and sometimes when you ace them before you even get the ace one of them has already spawned in. Then it takes a couple more aces and then the game catches up and gives them 30 second death times

Naokazu

11-03-2012

I've been noticing the same thing, respawns are really short early, and way too long late.

Pestilence777

11-03-2012

i think the death timer should cap at 40 at level 18

i'd like it to be
level 16 - 38
level 17 - 39
level 18 - 40

other than that, i like the scaling for the early and mid game as it is

edit:

on further reflection, i think the level one death timer should start at 15

so the total compressed death timers would be between 15 and 40, scaling as evenly as possible throughout

FattestCupcakeNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

My suggestion would be to simply change the frame to lvl 1 = 14 or 15s and lvl 18= 39 or 40s You guys had the right idea, you just added 30% too much in each direction, which together makes it feel a little wonky, and I've probably played more neo TT than classic. At the start of the game a kill provides nothing other than maybe extremely brief zone control, and a chance for the opponent to heal and possibly buy. Late game a death is overwhelmingly disasterous. This provides for a higher opportunity to "turn the tables" at the cost of further diminishing the rewards of early k/d zone control.

Orengos

11-03-2012

Quote:
Minion experience is actually the same as on Summoner's Rift (to my knowledge). Monster experience however is not. I can experiment with increasing Inhibitor health... that's actually something I've wanted to try for a while.
Have you thought about increasing Inhibitor Health Regen?

FossaFerox

11-04-2012

Quote:
Players thought they were too long in internal testing.
Late game they're still way too long. Maybe it's the map layout or the towers have less health? I can't explain it, but the late game deaths hurt way more than they used to.

I had a game just today (replay available if you like) where we were WAY ahead of them/ We had taken one inhib down and were pushing the other inner turret. We were up in kills and CS. We had taken 2/3 VMs and had their altar easily twice as much as they had ours. They had only taken one outer turret.

One bad engage outside their tower later they had a full minute to steal the game from us. They didn't even bother pushing down bot lane where they'd already killed a tower. They pushed right through top, killed the outer, killed the inner, killed the inhib, killed the nexus tower, and killed the nexus before anyone respawned.

While this was happening our own creeps pushing up bot lane took their nexus tower to about 1/3rd health. If we'd been so much as able to defend the nexus tower we would have won.

That game was robbery. Things turned on a dime from a SINGLE engage.

Uruno

11-04-2012

Timers are to short early game and to long late game.