Death timers rise too suddenly, go too high

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FossaFerox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Does anyone have the new death timers mapped out? I took a team to gold in the old TT and made a new team that is now one game away, plus I've done quite a bit of blind pick when my team isn't around. Through it all I just can't shake the feeling that the death timers are completely out of whack now.

Early game death is short with very little time to take objectives. Then, at some point I swear it feels like they just sky rocket. You'll get aced, be back in no time at all, ace them because they stuck around, and have a full minute to tear down their entire base.

Overall I think death timers go to high and scale too suddenly. It really does feel like there's too sharp a tipping point which, win or lose, makes the game less fun.

Taking two towers, an inhib, the nexus turret, and the nexus before the enemy respawns just isn't fun.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

bump for smart ppl seeing it

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-02-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

You're correct and incorrect here.

The death timers DO scale faster--but they don't scale higher. Raw data follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old TT
[TimeDeadPerLevel]
Level01 = 20
Level02 = 21
Level03 = 22
Level04 = 23
Level05 = 24
Level06 = 25
Level07 = 26
Level08 = 27
Level09 = 28
Level10 = 29
Level11 = 30
Level12 = 31
Level13 = 32
Level14 = 33
Level15 = 34
Level16 = 35
Level17 = 36
Level18 = 37

[DeathTimeScaling]
StartTime = 480
IncrementTime = 60
PercentIncrease = 0.04
PercentCap = 1.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by New TT
[TimeDeadPerLevel]
Level01 = 12
Level02 = 13
Level03 = 14
Level04 = 15
Level05 = 17
Level06 = 19
Level07 = 21
Level08 = 23
Level09 = 25
Level10 = 27
Level11 = 29
Level12 = 31
Level13 = 33
Level14 = 35
Level15 = 37
Level16 = 39
Level17 = 41
Level18 = 43

[DeathTimeScaling]
StartTime = 1020
IncrementTime = 60
PercentIncrease = 0.04
PercentCap = 1.5
Is there room for improvement? Certainly. Let's talk!

SG Banane

11-02-2012

MUHAHAH I LOVE 3v3 now !

OnlyBotLane

11-02-2012

Maybe lower the late game and raise the early game? Right now it feels like to win you just farm and abuse the other teams jungle without pushing towers, trying to get as ahead as you can until finally pushing down all their towers at once, after an ace or something. It feels like towers are not important or even possible to take early and you might as well just wait till you get an ace later.

EDIT: Or even leave the late game as is but raise early game so there is a chance to push if you are winning.

Sam

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
Maybe lower the late game and raise the early game? Right now it feels like to win you just farm and abuse the other teams jungle without pushing towers, trying to get as ahead as you can until finally pushing down all their towers at once, after an ace or something. It feels like towers are not important or even possible to take early and you might as well just wait till you get an ace later.

EDIT: Or even leave the late game as is but raise early game so there is a chance to push if you are winning.

I think the game would snowball than if it is longer for early game. I think if you lose a team fight late game that's on you and you lose the game :P

OnlyBotLane

11-02-2012

Good point. :/

Sam

11-02-2012

Just I noticed the timers, you can comeback and not get snowballed as hard, cause of the early death timers, but if it was longer you'll just lose all your jungle and everything else if you take longer to spawn back just my theory :P.

OnlyBotLane

11-02-2012

Yeah and if you reversed it back to how it was to mean the snowball won't necessarily make you win you'd probably have problems with turtling.

Wards win games

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
You're correct and incorrect here.

The death timers DO scale faster--but they don't scale higher. Raw data follows:

Is there room for improvement? Certainly. Let's talk!
Is the "Scale time" listed in seconds? or is it read 10:20. If seconds it begins at the 17 minute mark.(for those who didn't care to figure it out themselves)