Which of these interest you? (Check all that apply)

RP Gift Certificates 6 66.67%
RP Gift Box 8 88.89%
Something else 0 0%
None of the above 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

(POLL) @Hippalus: Two Proposed Kinds of RP Gifting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Hey Hippalus,

These aren't new ideas, but I wanted to set up a poll and give them a fresh writeup.

I think it would be awesome if we could give gifts of RP to other players. I have two specific ideas.

1. RP Gift Certificates
Right now, to gift RP to someone, you have to do this sketchy thing with Best Buy cards and serial numbers. It's all kinda weird. More than once, it's dissuaded me from giving someone RP, because it's a hassle.

So how about just having a button we can click to mail someone a Riot-approved RP gift card?

Example:

• Click on Store
  • Click on "RP Gift Certificate"
  • Select $15 of Riot Points
  • Enter recipient name: Phreak
  • Enter message: "So you can buy tons of Teemo skins"
  • Click Send
  • Phreak gets an email notifying him that he's received $15 of RP and inviting him to click to accept the gift.

2. RP Gift Box
It would also be nice if players could purchase RP for a separate "gift" reservoir. You would be able to dole these out to others in small increments: e.g. +5 RP to someone for making some awesome art, or (as JediJemar suggests) to allow streamers to more easily give out awards. Alternately, viewers could "tip" streamers they like with small RP gifts.

Example:
  • Click on Store
  • Click on RP Gift Box
  • Current Gift Box balance: 0 points
  • Buy 500 points
  • Then, anytime I want, I can click a button to send someone 1 RP, or 5 RP, or 500 RP, to be taken out of my gift box account.

I've also submitted this to the "Question of the Week" thread. Click the blue arrow below to upvote it and get a reply from Hippalus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
Hippalus, I have a couple proposals for RP gifting here. I'm sure someone has suggested one or both of these before, but I'd like to put in another word for them.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2754889

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Riot, hire this man.

JediJemar

11-02-2012

The gift boxes would really help out streamers by giving them the ability to gift rp. I really like both ideas tho and would be great if implemented. The only problem/concern is gift box rp should be able to put with the rest of the rp incase you really want a skin or something like that

CupcakeTrap

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJemar View Post
The gift boxes would really help out streamers by giving them the ability to gift rp. I really like both ideas tho and would be great if implemented. The only problem/concern is gift box rp should be able to put with the rest of the rp incase you really want a skin or something like that
You know, I hadn't thought of that, but yes, that would probably be useful for streamers doing giveaways. It would also let fans chip in to help GManBob and others buy new champs.

CupcakeTrap

11-21-2012

Bump!

A friend of mine started playing LoL again recently, and I was reminded of this.

CupcakeTrap

12-12-2012

Bump again.