Darius seems to be an auto-win champion on the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tom BombadiI

11-02-2012

Darius was a strong champion on the old TT--but not an auto win (imo at least.) With the new TT's small size and ban on wards Darius has been unstoppable in every game I've played with (or against him) I played a game as Malphite (they had Darius, Riven, and Lee sin) I stacked armor (had FH etc) anyway I had over 300 armor. We got in a team fight and Darius targeted me he got some hemmorage stacks on me and then ending up dealing 900 true damage with his ult... it was 40% of my health (meaning all my armor was meaningless...) It seems ridiculous to me that a champion can do 900 true damage and then have their ult instantly refreshed. Why doesn't Garen's work the same way? Because he's lower tier? It just seems like Darius is a stronger version of Garen and I find it hilarious.

And before anyone goes: "You need to build health to counter act true damage!" They had a Lee sin and a Riven (I HAD to stack armor) on top of that darius does plenty of ad and Malphite gets the bonus for stacking armor. Wtf am I supposed to do against Darius (AS ANY CHAMPION not just Malph?!) Please Riot--if you nerf his ult so that it doesn't refresh he'll still be extremely strong but noT OP. Just nerf the refresh feature and I'll have faith in you again.

hi im isaac

11-02-2012

I zoned him out as Jax. Worked well for early game. Came back to poop on me.

Tried Riven. Worked well. Focus him in team fights. Unless he's building to counter you, he's squishy.

Tom BombadiI

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAg Maze View Post
I zoned him out as Jax. Worked well for early game. Came back to poop on me.

Tried Riven. Worked well. Focus him in team fights. Unless he's building to counter you, he's squishy.
The problem is (when I play him and others play him on TT) you can build really defensively and your damage output still isn't low because of the true damage on your ult. Like FH, Mallet, Randuin's, Aegis, Atmog's (I'm not stating a build just listing viable items depending on situations that you can always get to ensure you still beat a Riven...) Follow up whatever defensive items you build with a fully stacked blood thirster (or maybe a Maw if they have a lot of magic damage) and you're golden. What could a riven do then? A competent Darius who builds right would be fine. >_<

Yefo

11-02-2012

*Points to Sam's Tier List* --> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1568877

You will notice above God Tier is "Darius Tier" lol...

Tom BombadiI

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yefo View Post
*points to sam's tier list* --> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1568877

you will notice above god tier is "darius tier" lol...
he's like the chuck norris of the new twisted treeline! Lol

Yefo

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Sauce View Post
he's like the chuck norris of the new twisted treeline! Lol
On PBE, Vilemaw has been replaced with Darius and the buff has been changed. Nobody knows what the new buff is because he has never been defeated.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Alright, like you said Darius IS a strong pick and he's awesome to play as, but I'll help you out here...

1.) Range. ANY ranged character can counter Darius. Teemo seems to work very effectively on this map as he has a type of ward (so you can see him coming) and he's fast (can avoid/ dodge/ get away from pulls). His blind isn't so effective but he's really annoying to fight against.

2.) Do NOT play melee (unless you're Yorick). Darius is almost unbeatable when you send a melee up to him. His q is horrendously punishing and zones pretty well. His W is a slow so if you engage on him but couldn't dish out enough damage you're boned, and his pull will bring you back to him if he feels you got just a bit too far.

3.) Under NO circumstances are you allowed to let him build bleed stacks on you. This may be hard to do, but if he gets those stacks you will die. Period. His ult does more damage the more stacks you let him put on you, so don't let him do it.

4.) CC. In 5's there's a lot more of it than in 3's. You have to take exhaust and preferably have a team with good CC capabilities. If he can't move, he's defenseless.

5.) He has no escape. Unless he took flash the only way he can escape is by running away. Keep in mind, for every champion he his with Q, he gains some movement speed.

6.) Early game he is quite squishy. harass him from a distance as much as possible for levels 1-5.

7.) Health is your best friend. You NEED it, but armor DOES HELP A LOT. Only his ult is true damage, his other skills are AD. The problem is he has massive armor penetration rating from his build, masteries, and runes.

8.) Late game he gets pretty tanky. See if you can kill his friends before ultimately finishing him off.

9.) Don't stay in the fight if you have low health, or if your friends have low health. His ult allows him to jump a bit, so he is deceptively mobile. Plus in 5's he might be more likely to mess up and NOT kill someone with his ult, in 3's if he kills even one of you it doesn't matter if he messes up next time, you're 1/3 of your team down. Back off.

10.) Take heal. Not the best summoner, but it DEFINITELY works on baiting his heal. If you're an ap, build Zhonya's hourglass. Get used to the active.

These are 10 tips that should help you play against Darius.

Mriswith5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Sauce View Post
The problem is (when I play him and others play him on TT) you can build really defensively and your damage output still isn't low because of the true damage on your ult. Like FH, Mallet, Randuin's, Aegis, Atmog's (I'm not stating a build just listing viable items depending on situations that you can always get to ensure you still beat a Riven...) Follow up whatever defensive items you build with a fully stacked blood thirster (or maybe a Maw if they have a lot of magic damage) and you're golden. What could a riven do then? A competent Darius who builds right would be fine. >_<
apparently you didnt notice that some of those items DONT EXIST on TT. like atmogs? atmas, yes. warmogs, no.

and blood thirster? there isnt one of THOSE either

Regards

11-02-2012

Jax wrecks Darius, the problem is that there's no draft mode so you can't really prepare. I agree though, Darius is out of control for the most part.

Kalarepa

11-02-2012

The worst thing about Darius is that even if you counter him, rape him in lane, he still wrecks in team fights. Recently, I've lost 2 games when enemy Darius was afk for the first 5 minutes. He came back with few levels behind, we already won early game... Didn't matter, they still won with Darius having the best score.
I feel like you can win vs Darius only with another broken hero, like Jax, Singed, Olaf or another Darius.

@edit Keeping distance from doesn't work here as good as in SR, because there aren't any wards and you don't have support to protect you.