Why do people think Darius is OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caristinn

11-02-2012

He's not OP, just his kit is ****ty for people on both sides.

Darius lanes either go two ways. You counterpick him and beat him. You don't counterpick him and he beats you if you don't get heavy jungle assistance. There's no middleground when fighting him.

In team fights, the AP carry and AD carry really want killing blows to get their nice items, but Darius killsteals with his ult just to get his... tank items?

ALSO MaiNtaiN

11-02-2012

I think its mostly his laning phase. Once 6 hits, even if you are far ahead of him in kills, he can still keep up with you in damage 1v1. The true damage from his ult + ignite along with his magic damage bleed then physical damage everything else with passive armor pen makes him difficult to build defensively against if you get behind.

AIways on Top

11-02-2012

My only complaint is the reset on his ultimate.

HeartlessXiao

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothcliff View Post
Only thing about him I don't like is the fact that he doesn't have to sacrifice damage for tankiness.
This isn't true though. If you've ever played Triforce Bloodthirster Guardian Angel Darius, you would know what I was talking about :P.

Naokazu

11-02-2012

Because the only way to defeat him is to not allow him to close to melee range, but that's impossible in a teamfight situation.

Isist

11-02-2012

in laning
irelia and jax beats him with skill
garen and xin destroy him with brutal force

when it comes to team fights

irelia, jax, and xin, all better than darius

while garen and darius at same lvl(level of super minion)

Hiduko

11-02-2012

He's not OP, olaf does 340 true damage on a 5 second cooldown, if darius and olaf both build tank, olaf will be doing considerably more damage in teamfights. So it's not his ult that's OP, and in laning phase he has zero escape, the only way he can get away from a gank is to just walk away. If darius get's an edge over you in laning and your jungler never comes in to help then ya it's going to be tough but it's like that with any champ.

Bebop Tell

11-02-2012

The only problem people have with Darius, myself included, is that even if you outplay Darius in every way, even if he is playing the lane like a first time MOBA player, even if you are ahead of him, if you ever take a misstep, he will kill you or make you go back to base. That type of pressure on the lane, no matter what the situation is, is really dumb and is very likely OP.

to clarify, do I think Darius is a horrible champ? Yes. Do i want him to stop having the best bleed as magic damage and the largest true damage nuke in the game regardless of that fact? Yes.

Krimson62

11-02-2012

Play twisted treeline against darius, then you'll know

Shmyea

11-02-2012

There's a difference between Over Powered and Anti-fun.

In lane it's almost a free win for him (with a few exceptions). He will have no issue farming and getting kills against his opponent who is forced to just tower hug all game.

That being said, Darius' late game is pretty poor. His HUGE early flat damage is fairly insignificant at level 18. As such he's not a carry at all and if he can't carry he can't win games just by being Darius. Therefore he's not really 'Over-powered'. His level 1-11 laning phase IS over powered which makes him a champ that is used to shut down the enemy top laner and take as much advantage of the early game as possible.
The same goes for champs like Yorick and Leblanc who have very strong lanes but pretty feeble late game.

On twisted treeline however he's pretty disgusting...