Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do people think Darius is OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DavidCameron

11-02-2012

It's the fact that he can usually come out on top in a trade and ult you that destroys most melee tops. But his clear weaknesses are vs ranged champions are pretty balanced. Basically if played by a skilled player, he punishes melee bruisers on top. That's what he was intended to do. He isn't OP overall but he can be OP if you don't bother to counterpick him. And if you counterpick him, you counterpick him hard.

I do want to know more about his 3v3 play, as I don't play 3v3.

SaveTheMaids

11-02-2012

They probably play a lot of Dominion and TT.

That or they play a lot of blind pick SR and are at a level where people don't communicate, roam the map blind (no wards), and don't counter-build.

TT Darius and SR Darius are two completely different creatures.

In SR he can just be kited and kept away by the ADC and/or support late game.
In TT he will kill everyone, whilst spamming hurtful words in all chat, and dancing with his axe on his head.

Dryad Soraka

11-02-2012

instant cooldown true damage

caitlyn's is physical damage, LESS damage and can be avoided.

and then you have darius, unavoidable, instant cooldown... true...damage..

jyhh

Recruiter

11-02-2012

imo anyone who does true damage is op. no way to counter it.

Rauschen

11-02-2012

Quote:
Megzakad:
Darius is pretty much the definition of a low skill high rewards champion to play. All of his skills require little in the way of positioning or forethought, and the fact that his pull is indiscriminate and can pull past minions (IE no standing behind minions to dodge) takes away any real feeling of strategy while playing against him. Also, you can shut him down in lane but all it takes for him to get back on the playing field is a lucky teamfight where he dunks a few of the enemy team.

On top of this, he's relatively low risk because he still does a hefty amount of damage when building very tanky as opposed to other champions who have to balance damage and survivability in return for having other perks that Darius does not (but, unfortunately, nnot significant in the Elo brackets that most of us play in).

pochoclotot

11-02-2012

I don't think he's op, I just think his mechanics are broken and anti-fun, him being able to dunk five people for lets say 500 TRUE damage just makes him anti-fun, that's a low risk, high reward mechanic with no means for you to counter or dodge it.

Also his bleed damage seems a little too high for me, given that it stacks and that his ult does SO much damage.

Celestine Roaa

11-02-2012

He is just pubstomper

Heal n Peel

11-02-2012

Same reason as Yi. THE DUNKING!

Efrath

11-02-2012

I don't think he's OP, but his ult is SO FRIGGING ANNOYING, both on the receiving end and being on the team with Darius as he takes all kills for himself. You think you get away but then he ults a teammate and then ults you right after, it can be severely annoying.

Nothcliff

11-02-2012

Only thing about him I don't like is the fact that he doesn't have to sacrifice damage for tankiness.