Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do people think Darius is OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GROMkill

11-02-2012

I'm not saying he is, I'm not saying he isn't.

I'm just curious to see the main reasons why people think he's overpowered.

Is it the ultimate, or his passive, or just his kit in general?

DiamondHost

11-02-2012

they think so because they lose in lane against him

OxBaker

11-02-2012

His kill stealing ability is OP.

tenrel

11-02-2012

im pretty sure it's gotten to the point where the only people complaining are trolls.

CorporateCommand

11-02-2012

He's really annoying in team fights. If you ignore him, Darius unleashes his ultimate again and again, but since he builds tanky and you focus him, then his team is being ignored. Its just really hard to figure out a way to deal with him in the cluster duck that is a team fight.

KillerJaedong

11-02-2012

he's got no mobility whatsoever, i think he's weak there are several better options for top lane.

jax, irelia, shen etc. People who get things done and you can't do anything about:P
darius, just slow him or kite him.

AlphariusRising

11-02-2012

He's is a bruiser designed to beat melee champions.
They play a melee champion, and he kills them.
Ho-hum.

You also can't build one chain vest and resistance boots and survive lane by abusing pots like you can if, say, a riven is dunking on you. he does magic, physical, and true damage.

GROMkill

11-02-2012

Quote:
CorporateCommand:
He's really annoying in team fights. If you ignore him, Darius unleashes his ultimate again and again, but since he builds tanky and you focus him, then his team is being ignored. Its just really hard to figure out a way to deal with him in the cluster duck that is a team fight.

I agree that there is a quandary in that deciding whether to focus him or not, but I'm not sure if this makes him overpowered. What do you think? Annoying and balanced, or actually OP?

Quimey

11-02-2012

the only counters its gank him early and a lot, he has no mobility so if you dominate him with ganks or "whatsoever"... you will do fine

Riathmius

11-02-2012

If you beat him in lane then in teamfights he just ults a few people to get back on the roll. -_-