Dead GD, They Fixed Syndra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1st HanarSpectre

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
Rofl ridic range? I must be playing a different game than you where I DON'T have to enter melee range to use it effectively. Any range increase between her Q and W would suffice, doesn't have to be at her W. Her ult range is her 2nd shortest skill only longer than her E.
Her ult is within the normal range given to point and click nukes.

Soiyeruda

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
well that is a completely different issue, her kit is still solid
Solid kit, still very much outclassed by other AP mages with better AoE potential

dreamNing

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
that *situational stun* can be used as a combination knockback+stun disengage, a full team stun engage, or addition cc on top of your engage, its *situations* are everywhere
You're kind of overrating it a bit, a 550 Range cone is probably never going to be a full team engage stun because Syndra is probably never going to be within 550 range of a full enemy team standing in a line with an orb in front of it.

At any rate, she has some challenges, her stats suggest she's being scaled and tuned as a zone control caster (similar to Anivia, Orianna) but she doesn't have significant area denial like those heroes, especially in lane, primarily because the range on her stun activation is incredibly short and compromises her personal position to utilize.

She has two skills with over 800 range (Q, and W has 925) suggesting she might be useful for safe poke or damage in fights but she has a hard time employing her full kit unless the enemy makes mistakes.

She's still a little bit clunky to play and her utility is less in practice than on paper.

I don't mind you playing her, but she isn't a "do-everything" AP like you're making her out to be, there's only one of those, and her name is Orianna

Kirballs1

11-02-2012

Consider buying a zhonyas if you have a hard time getting in an ult without dying.She can be pretty tanky once you have a zhonyas+Anthenes Unholy Grail,and you can add a guardian angel if you wanted more survivability.

ZodiarkSavior

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st HanarSpectre View Post
She is fine, but she does not have "amazing amount of CC", She has a slow and a situational stun.
I wouldnt even say 'Situational'.

Brand's is Situational.

Syndra's is static.

ZodiarkSavior

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamex View Post
You're kind of overrating it a bit, a 550 Range cone is probably never going to be a full team engage stun because Syndra is probably never going to be within 550 range of a full enemy team standing in a line with an orb in front of it.

At any rate, she has some challenges, her stats suggest she's being scaled and tuned as a zone control caster (similar to Anivia, Orianna) but she doesn't have significant area denial like those heroes, especially in lane, primarily because the range on her stun activation is incredibly short and compromises her personal position to utilize.

She has two skills with over 800 range (Q, and W has 925) suggesting she might be useful for safe poke or damage in fights but she has a hard time employing her full kit unless the enemy makes mistakes.

She's still a little bit clunky to play and her utility is less in practice than on paper.

I don't mind you playing her, but she isn't a "do-everything" AP like you're making her out to be, there's only one of those, and her name is Orianna
....You've never seen how far that stun can go, have you?

It has to have a max range of at least 1400, maybe more.

Velcro Raptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokins View Post
I was on hiatus when she was released. I still don't know what she does.
She throws balls at people.

ZodiarkSavior

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
They need to increase her R range. Period. Not based on anything. Make it the same as her Q. This will solve everything.
Meddler has said they've already tried this.

Short Answer: No.

ZodiarkSavior

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouthink View Post
Are you sure you arent talking about Cass

Synrda has to set up 3 orbs to maximize her ult damage and her CC is sub par, both in range and quantity.
Actually, its four orbs to maximize Unleashed Power's damage.

DDOSingToDiamond

11-02-2012

Despite her falling off late game, she still makes for a great sniper of the team's adc. Unleash it alllll on him.