WINDOWS 8 BugSplat After summoner pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SWVADER

11-02-2012

Ok so i have had basically 2 issues first let me start with how my night went.

First i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 8 which went with out a problem.

From what i can tell most programs are still working.

I load up LOL and the login screens seems to have a few problems connecting sometimes i get in after 2 sometimes 3 trys.

Then everything seems fine i can go to get into a normal 5v5 blind pick i can invite my buddy the summoner pick screen comes up i pick my guy everythings looking great 3 2 1 booom..............................BUG SPLAT........................ i sent in the bug splat about 10 times because i have to close the whole program out. then open again log in about 2 to 3 times till i get in then reconnect options comes up and BUG SPLAT.......

Guys Guys windows 8 has been on the beta for a year you knew it was comming out did you seriously not create a small team to get in fully optimised and ready for windows 8???

My rig info is:
Core i5
8gb ram ddr3 2100 OC
windows 8 pro (all updates)
128gb ssd, 250 sata hdd 750 sata hdd
2 Nvidia gtx465 in sli (brand new oct 10 drivers that worked in windows 7)(newly reinstalled)
Logitech g35,g15,g9x,g71

i tried running as admin i tried win xp win 7 i tried running the admin version in the lol folder i tried everything i could think of since im a computer tech and computer store owner i had done everything i would normally have to do to test it definetly there is some sort of bug either because i upgraded from 7 to 8 or just simply LOL does not work in windows 8.

LovingFaces

11-02-2012

you might want to send in a ticket for this

SWVADER

11-02-2012

how migh i go about doing this i usually dont have issues or fix them my self so im not use to using the ingame ticket or support system

LovingFaces

11-02-2012

truthfully. i just looked for you before you even posted a reply. and I cant find it. im having an issue with reconnect issues even tho my internet and computer are doing fine. and someone told me to send a ticket in. I cant find it on the website. maybe in the client? rofl how ironic would that be fore you if it was.

Fluxion

11-02-2012

I am having the exact same problem (sorta). I'm now using windows 8 (fresh install on one of my older computers ((old being just a couple years; way more than enough for this game)) and I bugsplat when trying to load into a match after selection.

Also, when I launch the game, every time it says "close other instance of game running?" (whatever)

I've tried to log back into my match over and over and I always drop (bugsplat) at the loading screen.

SWVADER

11-02-2012

yea im really im set about it, and i not embaresed to ask where something is for the guy who said i would look stupid i dont normally ask for tech support since i do my own so to speed my proccess since someone said to send in a ticket im asking where is the button but mainly i would like contact from a team member to see how i can get this solved

No More Zeroes

11-02-2012

I have this issue as well. Here is what I've done to try and remedy it so far:

- Updated every driver I could find, chipset, onboard video/audio, latest stable nVidia driver that is recommended for Windows 8, ethernet driver
- Ran a repair on the game launcher twice
- Turned off manual overclocking of my CPU and RAM and set to auto
- Ran CCleaner to cleanup all internet files, all Windows cache file options available, and cleaned up the registry
- Updated all of the runtimes available on Ninite.com

I am having issues with other programs as well so I know it's not only isolated to League of Legends but it would be nice to get this Windows 8 mess figured out so other people can get past it too.

(I'm an IT guy, I want to learn how to fix this if possible so I don't look dumb when Win8 becomes standard!)

[EDIT] My room mate tells me of a rumor that a friend of ours fixed most of his application issues by running a Refresh of Windows 8, I am going to try this now.

No More Zeroes

11-02-2012

Well here I am five hours later, internet is running slow so I had to stop the download for a bit but I did get my Steam fixed and Team Fortress 2 works (It failed to work as well).

I ran a Refresh Windows 8 operation which basically deletes everything but App store programs and moves all the files to Windows.old.

After that I had to re-install most of my drivers.

Deleted League of Legends and now I'm downloading it again, things are looking good, so far every program I test works.

I think the problem lies in upgrading to 8 and trying to keep your old programs working, it just doesn't work that great. I suggest only keeping files when upgrading to Windows 8. You're going to have to download new drivers anyways.

No More Zeroes

11-02-2012

So far so good, installer completed with no errors, game is patching now. Let's see if this works.

[EDIT] Success! League of Legends plays perfectly fine.

To summarize:

If you upgraded to Windows 8 and chose the option that says to preserve installed applications your Windows registry is now completely whack and you're missing all sorts of run-times and updates, I would be willing to bet 50% or more of your games won't run.

To remedy this you need to activate an option in PC Settings called Refresh that basically wipes out all of your installed programs and dumps them into C:\Windows.old

Now you need to install updated drivers and re-install all of your programs. If you have Steam you can save your games, just ask if you're interested in how.

Don't forget to install runtimes (Java, Flash, etc), I suggest visiting Ninite.com

SWVADER

11-03-2012

Ok so i did a full re install of the game i un installed i downloaded the installer i downloaded the game i installed the game i updated the game SAME THING. I turned off SLI just to be sure bam same thing.

To Zeroes i have no problems with any other software all my software opens and runs ???? I should not have to re install the OS and loose ALL MY PROGRAMS to satisfy some sort of upgrade issue this game has IF that was EVEN the actual fix for you for all you know a simple re install could have fixed it of the game for you or your install just did not go good for you the first time.