Champion Lore is pretty questionable...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiendish Dr Wu

11-02-2012

Is it just me or has the Champion lore really taken a turn down? I mean Elise's is pretty convoluted overall and Zed's is one giant plot hole when you look at Shen/Kennen/Akali. Lately they haven't even been addressing one major issue in the lore. WHY ARE THESE CHAMPIONS EVEN IN THE LEAGUE? Are we just disregarding the league is an actual part of their own lore/canon now? I can't be the only one who is irritated by the them not even giving a half-baked reason why they are in the league can I?

It's not just Zed and Elise either. Syndra, Kha'Zix, Rengar, Diana(I guess this can be argued that Leona is there...), Zyra and more. Giving a backstory is all well and good, but they are forgetting they built a world around the league of legends and it's an actual thing. Why are these champions a part of it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasqureMan

11-02-2012

Riot's said their take on the lore now is to show backstory and origins, maybe even some hints of motive, but not why they joined the League explicitly. We're supposed to come up with that. I don't necessarily like it, but I understand what they're saying.