Kassadin buff on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

11-02-2012

Quote:
I like it, and here is why: It might actually push Kassadin into a different type of play-style. Granted this is all just my observations, but his W and his Passive Attack Speed seem out of place when you look at the rest of his kit. He very rarely wants/needs to auto attack, so maybe they are pushing him towards that?
What? This is explicitly a buff to the dominant build's late game. Manatank uses his W better than any other build he has.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

mmm i never level W when i play kass, he actuallydoesn't need it unless he's farming minions.....

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
What? This is explicitly a buff to the dominant build's late game. Manatank uses his W better than any other build he has.
Manatank builds very little AP though. Voidstaff and maybe Unholy Grail?

Also, that comment also implied that maybe he was going to get tweaks elsewhere on his kit to make him less stupid OP. Hence the "pushing him towards another playstyle". I guess that got lost in the text, my bad

konfetarius

11-02-2012

Voidstaff, potentially Rod of Ages if not enough magic damage to justify Odyn's Veil, and the eventual Archangel upgrade.

That is a big chunk of AP. Late game mana tank kass easily has 200-300 AP.

Redenbacher

11-02-2012

This really doesn't impact anything that makes him powerful on Dominion. Unless they increase the mana cost on Riftwalk, or change blink mechanics across the board, Kassadin will still reign as godlike because of that ability with a silence and slow at his disposal.

Does it make him slightly more powerful late game? Yea, sure... but that's not going to push him from broken to brokener. He's still broken.

Out of curiosity, what is stopping a change in Blink mechanics to be more consistent with other displacement abilities? Has anyone heard anything coming in S3, perhaps, where if max range would put you in the wall, you would faceplant?

konfetarius

11-02-2012

Um. The fact that SR is balanced entirely around how Flash currently is. I mean, sure, they could take up the axe and rebalance the **** out of everything to somewhat weaken Kassadin in Dominion, but... I somehow doubt the effort:reward ratio is good enough there.

ShawNuff

11-02-2012

Quote:
Um. The fact that SR is balanced entirely around how Flash currently is. I mean, sure, they could take up the axe and rebalance the **** out of everything to somewhat weaken Kassadin in Dominion, but... I somehow doubt the effort:reward ratio is good enough there.
or, they could adjust flash and revive for dominion so people can start taking flash without being a noob.

konfetarius

11-02-2012

That would make sense. Riot doesn't do things that make sense because "burden of knowledge" and "anti-fun" and "toxic" and insert any other buzzword you like.

Redenbacher

11-02-2012

Quote:
That's... not really a good reason.

Why? Riot's mantra for the past two years has been to improve clarity and intuitiveness of the game. They've be consistently removing effects and 'features' that are not explicitly spelled out or visible to the player. The ability to flash or blink to a location in a wall, and consequently pop through the other side is neither clear nor intuitive. In that respect, yes, the system should be reworked in the name of clarity.

As icing on the cake, Dominion & TT will reap balance benefits.

konfetarius

11-02-2012

It's not really a good reason, yes, but it's basically the reason Riot gave out for keeping Flash as is. IIRC, they value skill differentiation, viewer/player excitement, and its current position as a champion balance tool over it's consistency/clarity issues. Maybe S3 will prove them braver.