Zed 1st impressions from pbe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

So i tried out zed in dominion on the pbe and here is what i found out afterplaying a few games

Items:
Triforce definitely pick it up
I actually followed the build used on olaf with 3force, boots of choice, ghostblade, executioners, atma's his burst is really nice Executioners gives very acceptable sustain considering its cheap costs ,
Looking into other builds tho , i noticed new items in dominion on the pbe ,, ganna need to check that out later

Skillz:
his W dubbels as a gapcloser/escape
his Q can disrupt captures at a somewhat save range
his ult is kinda meh but he doesn't need a strong ult seeing as his overall damage output is pretty high
his E is where the damage's are got high energy costs tho ( 50 irrc)

all in all i think he's gonna be a champ people will write allot of ZED OP !! threads about sinds he can destroy squishies in an eye blink while even being a little bid bruiserly build.
on a side note ..i kept trying to dash taunt he just looks to much like shen lol

also ..there really isn't much "shadow"play beyond using it as an extra damage or escape tool the cdr for W on his E doesn't really play a large role on dominion since we lack a laning phase with lots of lovely minions around to refresh it on.. unless you go bot which i haven't tried yet

konfetarius

11-02-2012

His AD ratios are comparable to Talon's. Why Triforce?

Or does he need it for chasing?

SurrealSwerve

11-02-2012

Is he stealthy in some ways?

DiscworldDeath

11-02-2012

No stealth.

I didn't play him yet, but seeing two fighting on ColbyCheeze's first impression video I couldn't even follow what was going on, will definitely take getting used to. Of course, it'd probably help once the enemy shadow particles look different than your own.

TCWA Tigerbite

11-02-2012

He's definitely an odd champ. I was thinking, wow this guy feels like he's supposed to play similar to talon, but his burst damage sucks.

But then, after I figured out how to combo his skills, he was pretty devastating.

Still not sure what the best build for him would be, but other than that...the only thing that I disagree with in the original post is about his ult. It's definitely not "meh."

Let's say you have 200AD (at level 16 for max ult). You ult on to someone. This creates a living shadow. You're going to want to use your E skill first to double hit the enemy with it (in case the enemy tries to flee). Then you'll land a double Q on them.

So far you've done:
Ult = 200 damage
Ex2 = 720 damage
Qx2 = 860 damage
Total = 1780 damage.

And remember, that's not even using your W. You can use your W to dash past them and land another double E or, dash to get in an easy line to land a double Q for another 720-860 damage.

The ult itself doesn't do much damage, but it sets up a great, great bursting combo.

*Note* My numbers may be off, I was grabbing them from the wiki.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

i kinda expected his shadow from the ult to be controllable

Also his ult altho doing a great deal of damage in total does not deliver the damage upfront (you need to spend time using other skills ) which consequently led me to build into tri atma's for the extra survivability the tri atma's build is relatively cheap and provides around 66% chance to crit, a bunch of ad, a damage increase proc ,movespeed ( which he could really use imo cuz he felt kinda slow on his feet )health, armor some mr and 18% LL.. ..oh ye and a slow that never proc's when you really need it

being a bid more bruiser because well..we all know what being a squishy in dominion feels like and altho this might just be me but i could not manage to ult on someone . explode him and shadow swap away to safety with a full ad talon like build ( ohh so squishy) but ye that could just be me sucking.

asto really why 3force? well i felt i needed a bit more survivability, the only ad related item in the game that gives armor is atma's and atma's only works if you get hp and the only items that have hp and ad are frozen mallet, triforce and entropy of which triforce is atm superior for dominion compared to the other 2.. at least i think so
Entropy might also do well tho ( haven't actually tried it yet) but frozen mallet is just way outclassed by triforce

DiscworldDeath

11-02-2012

How did you get your numbers?

Q from you and a clone with the ult +50% in the end is 735 damage, assuming 97 bonus aD (which is what you have in your numbers).
831 from the double E, including the ult though.

I wonder, can you W and ult to have 3 Es, or 3 Qs?

Morello clearly said the clone will not move.

Edit: Actually a lot less damage. Forgot 2nd Q deals 50% damage, and cloned E deals damage only once still.

Tempestphile

11-02-2012

Would entrophy do more on him?

More AD for scaling, a click for frozen mallet slow

I am just thinking this way, you can keep your enemy at bay when you ult them so they can't easily walk away from your shadow

DiscworldDeath

11-02-2012

Triforce is usually better than Entropy, Darius was a good example of high AD Ratios but still better with Triforce.

Argodis

11-02-2012

Only played one game but he feels really solid. Built Brutalizer and Frozen Mallet as my core. Facerolled my way to victory.

Will probably try a more refined build later.

Edit: Fighting an enemy Zed while you are Zed can be very confusing... Oh, and he's huge. I was expecting a skinny ninja guy but his model makes him look pretty bulky.