Need help raising my Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostL3G

11-02-2012

Ok so here's the deal.. I just recently started playing ranked more often and I'm getting owned which lowers my Elo beyond repair... I always end up getting stuck playing support role because my fellow team mates pick away the champs I wanted or they ban them away. Any tips or suggestions on how I can raise my Elo ( it's below 1000).. Also I tend to do well in normal games but as soon as I play ranked I bomb

Amatzikahni

11-02-2012

You should have at least 2-4 champions for each role that you do well with. You should definitely invest in purchasing more characters (either through IP or RP) so that your champion diversity is greater and people don't steal or ban your champs.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Actually, 3Leg2, looking at your Ranked stats, your best matches and most of your wins come from playing support.

You have 4 wins out of 21 matches played. You have 1 win (and 2 losses) playing as Alistar. You have 1 win (and 0 losses) playing as Kayle. You have 2 wins (and 1 loss) playing as Amumu. And yea, I'm sure you probably played Amumu in the jungle in all 3 matches, but nonetheless, he's a tanky-support type champion and certainly not a carry by any measure.

Meanwhile, you've got ranked matches played with several carries and they're all losses. Here's the other champions you've played ranked with:

Ashe (1 loss)
Brand (1 loss)
Garen (2 losses)
Jax (1 loss)
Kassadin (1 loss)
Katarina (2 losses)
Kha'zix (1 loss)
Nidalee (2 losses)
Shen (1 loss)
Taric (2 losses)
Teemo (1 loss)
Tryndamere (1 loss)

What's more, out of that list, your average kills/deaths/assists are pretty bad looking with everyone except Taric (who I'm sure is the only champion on that list who you've played as support).

And your highest average CS with any of those champions is Ashe, where you got 85 CS in the one match you played with her. Now, you don't need pro level CS below 1000 Elo, but for the record, the pro ADC and AP mids get in the neighborhood of 100 CS by the 10 minute mark, and I'm sure that Ashe match was 20 minutes.

I mean, the point here really is that you can't really expect to win matches going 0/11/7 as the AD carry, or 0/11/2 as the AP mid.

BUT, when you play support, you get scores like 1/8/14 as Kayle, or average 1.7/9.3/15.3 as Alistar, and while these aren't the BEST scorelines in the world, they're more than good enough for your team to expect to win the match.

So my suggestion is either to get a LOT more practice with the AD carries and AP carries in normal mode (even normal draft pick if you want), or get a wide selection of support champs and start specializing in that. Because right now, your stats say you're a pretty good support, and even a good jungler, but pretty bad at the other 3 roles.

GhostL3G

11-02-2012

Thanks for the advice and I enjoy playing Alistar as support but most of the time he gets banned, or I get put with an ADC that doesn't lane well with Alistar (which I know there aren't a lot but there are a few) so I've been practicing as other supports i.e Soraka( not a huge fan of) Janna(my favorite besides Ali) and Blitz (who always gets banned)

Also I enjoy Malphite Support

GhostL3G

11-07-2012

Humpty bumpty

Oyxl

11-07-2012

To me, it comes across as if you've barely spent time playing one champion. I see 6 games TOPS on a single champion and you rotate heavily between champions and roles.

My advice, however silly this might sound when I'm not even in ELO yet, is to figure out which champions you really like playing. If you play champions and you notice yourself thinking things such as "I feel clunky, slow, my abilities don't have enough range and my model is fugly", you might want to pick up a champion that you just love looking at, or you just enjoy playing in general, even when you're losing.

In my opinion, starting with a positive vibe, generally has better results when playing. Find ~6 champions that match that description. Go into unranked, play, play, play intill you die of exhaustion. Analyse every death. Consider every angle. Are you guilty, did you make a mistake, or was the opponent better? What could you have done to prevent that death. Learn from it, don't make that mistake again.

Rinse and repeat until you start winning your lanes more and more often and manage to inspire your teammates to do the same. Learn to play against different champions. Learn what works and what doesn't work. Definitely become angry with yourself if you **** up, just don't let it affect your gameplay. Next time you will do better.

I personally play;

Leona (from 1 to 20 a lot)
Orianna (occasionally)
Katarina (occasionally)
Jayce (just started)
Lulu (a lot and getting better)

(for the record, I have about 20-25 champions)

Those are my "choice champions" with which I'll start going into ranked eventually. One or two might drop off (and get switched around). I like Katarina, but I also feel she has a limited skillset and can easily be countered in teamfights. From that thought pattern, I deduct that I want to add utility to my team rather than pure kill count.

Last match with Orianna ended in 9/2/26. My mid lane opponent was anivia. I didn't get to kill her due to the egg and I mostly just farmed creeps, which she could do faster than me. I just didn't die and ended up being immensely useful to my team once the big fights started. Anivia made mistakes and actually cost her team a few kills. Either way, I like Orianna better than Kat, despite the lower kill count. My Ori ult made more teamfights end well than a Kat Ult, if only due to the interruptability of Kats Ult.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is. Get to know your champions before you take them out in the ranked field.

GhostL3G

11-08-2012

Thanks I've been practicing as Garen a lot lately when I'm not at work and also playing Draven for fun top lane just unlocked Darius before I had to go to work haven't played him yet so I'm trying different roles I feel I don't have enough junglers or ADC so I could use some suggestions for those roles... I have Sivir and enjoy playing as her I just need a solid build I'm comfortable using for her I've been looking at Caitlyn as well.. Anyways thanks for the tips so far it is much appreciated and I will always try to keep a positive attitude during game play

Edit: OMG I FREAKING LOVE DARIUS!!!!!! i get so many badassery kills as him and trying diff builds for diff situations definatly an awsome solo top

GhostL3G

11-12-2012

shumpty bump