Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ping indicator in the client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyxiso

11-01-2012

Riot, please add a ping indicator in the client, before you are in-game (kinda like the first win indicator), so that you can check your ping without having to start a custom game (impossibru when you limit custom creation to x players minimum).

If not, as a temporary measure, could a Rioter give us a pingable address for the game servers (WhattayaBrian, you once offered us this :@)?

This would help us in that we would not go in game if we had a terribad ping.

Hongerdonger

Recruiter

11-01-2012

just ping google and save it as a .bat

H0ax

11-01-2012

1. Ping google.com from command prompt
2. Add the difference of your usual in-game ping with the google.com ping
3. Know you aren't hitting 1000's when you get into game

I don't understand why this is an issue for anyone. I play with 1mb dl and 256kb speeds with an inconsistent isp and never have in-game latency problems. Common sense is hard.

ItsPronouncedJif

11-01-2012

In the game press Ctrl+F, your ping will pop up in the upper right hand corner.
EDIT: sorry, misread that you said before game. in that case, just do what the people ahead of me said and ping google.