Gaining lane presence as a support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumek

11-01-2012

Me and some friends were playing some games together, and I noticed that as a support, i was failing miserably. The first game was Draven Taric for us versus Tristana Soraka. because we did a blue invade, we came to lane a level behind the enemy, and I figured the level advantage would make it too difficult to force anything, especially with Soraka's heals and Tristana's jump. So I waited til we hit level 2. Problem arose when Soraka just spammed Silence on us, and added auto's to the mix when I tried to scare her off. By the time we hit 2 we were already missing a fair amount of health, and whenever I tried to force something I just got silenced, kited and harassed. They didn't get kills in the lane, but still wound up ahead of us.

Second game it was Nunu Ashe (us) vs Tristana Leona. Leona was late to lane because she was helping with an invade on red, so we put a bunch of pressure of Trist, which later resulted in a battle when Leona got to lane that ended with us getting FB and them getting a kill. Then They just used Leona's kill lane power to constantly burst Ashe down, and I couldn't really do anything to poke them without getting Leona stunned and killed. We lost horribly.

My question is, what could I have done better here? How to you pressure a kill lane? How do you deal with being at a level disadvantage? How do you force anything when they can kite you so easily? if you CAN'T do anything, what can I do to at least allow my carry to farm? Thanks in advance for any help.

Kanodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Hmm I'd suspect a big part of your problem is you were playing nunu and taric, great supports don't get me wrong but they're both melee range and can't really harass much.

For the first game your best bet woulda been to stun soraka and get some good harass at level 1 instead of going passive, as all soraka could do at that point is either silence and a really weak heal. You don't necessarily wanna commit to an all out fight just force her back enough for some breathing room. Seems like it then snowballed from that bad start.

For the second game that's kind of a tricky matchup, your best option woulda just been ward whatever bush leona wants to stay in and harass her constantly so that initiating isn't a good idea, while hopefully dodging her zenith blade. Ashe would have to do most of the harassing but snowball is still great earlygame.

bob000

11-01-2012

Watch streamers. It's not really something you can just explain in a forum post.