Mooglet's on Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-02-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

I don't think melee will be any less viable, but it MIGHT give AP some love. This won't be the only change affecting them in the coming patches though.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivaL View Post
Well this item should end up being removed or altered (removal of zhonya active) within a month. Giving APs that much power/defense for so little cost will break dominion. Zhonya and Rabadon were both very good on their own but this is just too much.
I play a lot of AP champs and i very rarely build Deathcap or Hourglass because of how expensive they are. 860+1600+1140, these are large chunks of gold to be sitting on. It's the same issue AD carries have with itemization, their items are just too damn expensive.

The new item is still very niche and would only be bought when you are ahead and in a position to save up for it, or have a cool trick with it (Karthus, Swain, Vlad).

I personally prefer the old Wooglets with MS. Seeing my Anivia reach 400 MS on TT made me weep tears of joy.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I don't think melee will be any less viable, but it MIGHT give AP some love. This won't be the only change affecting them in the coming patches though.
I'm sure Xerath will enjoy it.

wingstreet

11-02-2012

too strong... incoming crazy ass ap cow.

Koravel

11-02-2012

Does its passive and Rabs stack?

VoidInsanity

11-02-2012

Quote:
The only way AP will get the love it deserves is if lifesteal is nerfed up the arse or spellvamp is buffed to be on par with it. There is just too many lifesteal options in dominion and they all stack, it's rather silly.

WaterD103

11-02-2012

As a Ranged Ad player, I would like to know what's in store for them, I feel there are things that will benefit bruisers and assasins, And this item seems gonna make AP a lot more powerfull.
I didn't see a single item that I went "Awesome for ranged AD". The only thing I saw is a nerf to trinity force for ranged (and item that Corki, ezreal, Miss fortune, and ocasionally vayne and others enjoyed). And the nerf to phantom dancer that ranged ad suffered a while ago. The poor class wants some love.

On the support side, why I do not think they need love, I think it's kind of boring that supports basically have to go Prospector ring, Mercury, Frozen hearth, Sweeper, Abyssal, Trinity force (oh was nerfed for many of them), Aegis, every single game, because those are the only options they have.

Also, It worries me the effect it will have on amumu. My build will be Frozen hearth, abyssal, this item.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-02-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
As a Ranged Ad player, I would like to know what's in store for them, I feel there are things that will benefit bruisers and assasins, And this item seems gonna make AP a lot more powerfull.
I didn't see a single item that I went "Awesome for ranged AD". The only thing I saw is a nerf to trinity force for ranged (and item that Corki, ezreal, Miss fortune, and ocasionally vayne and others enjoyed). And the nerf to phantom dancer that ranged ad suffered a while ago. The poor class wants some love.

On the support side, why I do not think they need love, I think it's kind of boring that supports basically have to go Prospector ring, Mercury, Frozen hearth, Sweeper, Abyssal, Trinity force (oh was nerfed for many of them), Aegis, every single game, because those are the only options they have.

Also, It worries me the effect it will have on amumu. My build will be Frozen hearth, abyssal, this item.
Ranged AD will get a boost on Dominion with S3, but mainly because of how bruisers will be affected.

Orphane

11-02-2012

Quote:
Ranged AD will get a boost on Dominion with S3, but mainly because of how bruisers will be affected.
Hey Nome, this is pretty nice to hear. One question, though: now that Hextech Sweeper has finally gotten a nerf it deserves, is there a change planned to Lightbringer? It paled in comparison to Sweeper because the stat spread it offered was not nearly as attractive across the board and required a constant autoattack investment (which is almost always less range than most abilities), but constant vision is something everyone loves.

urmamasllama

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Hey Nome, this is pretty nice to hear. One question, though: now that Hextech Sweeper has finally gotten a nerf it deserves, is there a change planned to Lightbringer? It paled in comparison to Sweeper because the stat spread it offered was not nearly as attractive across the board and required a constant autoattack investment (which is almost always less range than most abilities), but constant vision is something everyone loves.
i vote switching the recurve for a zeal PD is already a fairly weak item on dom and zeal could use secondary viable build path