Zed lore is one of the best lore I've ever read !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Im not a big fan of his lore but:
-He joined the League to prove everyone else the his path (the dark path) is better, that he is stronger bla bla bla. Or you want something that goes deeper? May be after all those year there is too much political pressure over him because he openly attacked and conquered a mytical ionian temple, killing and destorying an old ninja order in the process. So now, to avoid being massacred but the angry folks of Ionia he joins the League and BAM! He is now untouchable, and as we know the League is corrupt, so its not a certain thing that he would have to give the temple back to the ionians or something like that in orded to be accepted. I mean the League cant openly interfere on inner conflicts of each state but if you are a champion of the League well, you gain a certain position and that, added to the fact that ionians have this all peace and love ideals, might allow him to get away with his terrible actions.

Akali and Kenen are not mentioned because the ninja trio is to be formed years after these event occured, remember that Zed's lore says Shen was still training so as far as we know this all happened before he completed his training or something like that (here is the really bad part of Zed's lore, the contradiction with Shen's father being his master in Zed's and Shen's father being tortured as the last test in his training form Shen's lore)

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

No, his lore states that Shen was still training when he defeated him. Zed was than kicked out and wandered around for years and eventually found that he had an army of Shadow Ninja.

Also, Shen's training happened when he was an adult and by succeeding he became the Tempest and was joined by Akali and Kennen. Due to ages Akali would be the one that joined soon after Shen and Kennen joined last due to him being the youngest.

Zkaiser

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbramsAbrams View Post
Guys we all know what the clique would say about the "forbidden box." Zed wanted more power, he needs the box. He goes to get the box. Opens the box again only to find out it's empty. so he gets mad and kills the master in a fit of rage. I feel like we have all seen this before.
I always show empathy for the bad guy so I'd rather believe that Shen's master tried to pull a fast one and was killed for it.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
There are issues.

Why did he join the League?
Why is he allowed to keep the Temple he stole from those famous like Shen?
Why is he allowed to openly get away with murder?
Why is he allowed to openly defy Ionian Society in one of their most sacred temples?
Why isn't Akali and Kennen mentioned at all?

And ect....
Same reason Shaco gets away with all the **** he pulls, I suppose.

MasqureMan

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfons View Post
I find it boring to see Diana's model lore for a third time... (Diana/Syndra/Zed)
They are villains, fallen potential heroes. They will be similar in that way, but if you want to put heretic/crazy powerful mage/ bad guy ninja in the same category, you're just disappointing yourself.

Bamfberserker

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
There are issues.

Why did he join the League?
Why is he allowed to keep the Temple he stole from those famous like Shen?
Why is he allowed to openly get away with murder?
Why is he allowed to openly defy Ionian Society in one of their most sacred temples?
Why isn't Akali and Kennen mentioned at all?

And ect....
I believe he joins the league to recruit more followers, and in turn gain more power.

He wiped the Temple clean and took it over, maybe later there'll be lore talking about a champion leading a counterattack to re-take it?

His master let him in with open arms and accepted death because in order for Zed to finally ascend to the dark/shadows, Zed had to kill his master.

He isn't allowed openly. he just did it.

Akali and Kennen will most likely have updated lores (hopefully) to have references to Zed.

JSFscotty

11-12-2012

Well, there is the possibility that Shen became the Eye of the Twilight before Zed killed his father. The other 2 triumvirate members aren't mentioned probably because they aren't important enough to Shen's story. That's Shen's problem, he probably doesn't bother the other 2 about it.