Is it just me, or is Zed's lore a turnoff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treeke

11-01-2012

He has a shadowy lore.

But to be honest, I liked his lore. And shen needed a rival, anyway.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

11-01-2012

Hmm he did not whip himself enough and therefore lacked the discipline.

Relevant:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post30872895

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffarater View Post
Seriously?
Riot is changing even MORE lore?
Way to go Riot. Go ahead and ruin the lore even more.
Yes, I'm serious, I hate Karthus' new lore, I'm still on the fence with morde but I'm not really a fan of them making the shadow isles a big obvious threat as opposed to an insidious behind the scenes one.

Snes C

11-01-2012

Seems like a pretty natural progression to me. Zed's desire for recognition lead him to search for power in the wrong places. When this was met with rejection instead of approval, he became bitter and resentful toward his former father-figure. Eventually, seeing that his technique was not perfect without the box, he decided to take it back by force, but instead of resisting him, his master took the blame for Zed's actions and offered him absolution and a chance at redemption.

This is the turning point in Zed's life. Does he choose to let go of years of hatred and do the right thing by destroying the source of his dark powers? The interesting thing to me is that we don't see what happened inside. The lore says Zed cried out as if in pain before emerging unscathed. Did Zed attempt to destroy the box, only to be forcefully possessed by the shadows? Or did Zed take the opportunity to do what he initially planned to do and embrace the shadows willingly? Either way, it explains his undoubtedly evil actions afterwards.

Koben

11-01-2012

Well personally, I assumed when it said " Moments later, the assembled ninjas heard Zed cry out in pain. Mysteriously, he emerged unscathed" that Zed actually tried to destroy the box, but was overtaken by the Shadows and is now just their host (like Brand).

of course I might be reading too much into it.

Zidanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
Seems like a pretty natural progression to me. Zed's desire for recognition lead him to search for power in the wrong places. When this was met with rejection instead of approval, he became bitter and resentful toward his former father-figure. Eventually, seeing that his technique was not perfect without the box, he decided to take it back by force, but instead of resisting him, his master took the blame for Zed's actions and offered him absolution and a chance at redemption.

This is the turning point in Zed's life. Does he choose to let go of years of hatred and do the right thing by destroying the source of his dark powers? The interesting thing to me is that we don't see what happened inside. The lore says Zed cried out as if in pain before emerging unscathed. Did Zed attempt to destroy the box, only to be forcefully possessed by the shadows? Or did Zed take the opportunity to do what he initially planned to do and embrace the shadows willingly? Either way, it explains his undoubtedly evil actions afterwards.
If it was worded better it would of been good, but it was just "he cried out in pain then his master was dead"

Yozaru

11-01-2012

They forgot to include how Zed was turned evil because of Viktor's Evil Ray

Cryswar

11-01-2012

Amazing what General Discussion will cry about. It's a good thing Riot doesn't pay much attention to the amount of QQ that pops up for literally EVERY SINGLE CHANGE OR NEW CHAMPION or we still wouldn't have decided on the very first patch of the game.

Zed's lore isn't super original or anything, but it's an alright take on a familiar archetype, and the last paragraph, and the mystery of what exactly happened inside the dojo between Zed and the master, is intriguing.

Axiom

11-01-2012

We don't exactly know what happened.

My bet is that his Master attacked him. This explains why Zed "cried out in pain" and got really angry.

darkmoon hunter

11-01-2012

Riots lore has always been weak. Lore is supposed to make me feel and understand the champions decitions and their backstory, which I dont.