Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The concept of an AD assassin..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xJru

11-01-2012

So I feel like the concept of an ad assassin is just entirely too strong. A lot of ap assassins can lay down just as heavy burst as an ad assassin, however then most ap assassins have to get out. An ad assassin can lay down just as much damage but with a little lifesteal can continue on and devastate entire teams. I personally feel that seeing as they have so much attack damage already that their ad ratios should be looked at more closely and adjusted. Has any else noticed anything similar to what im saying? *cough* rengar, kha'zix *cough*

Internet

11-01-2012

ad assassins are weaker actually because they have poor itemization.

Insanity Cow

11-01-2012

Coughcoughpantheon
coughcoughtalon

are these too strong for you?

Toxinia

11-01-2012

Quote:
xCaptainClutchx:
but with a little lifesteal can continue on and devastate entire teams.

lol k

RockLobster88

11-01-2012

A small period of less burst with a longer period of sustained damage. AD assassins aren't rendered useless once they blow their load, they can still contribute strong attacks. The problem is, most AD assassins even squishier than their AP brethren because they have to rely on melee to deal damage.

Doom Maggot

11-01-2012

You listed a balanced champion, and an underpowered champion. Doesn't exactly give a strong argument.

FinnaKillYall

11-01-2012

Rengar was really strong.

I've seen few Kha'zix players, considering how often I see most champs at release, and even less good ones, so I don't have a good idea of how strong he was.

Also, Talon isn't all that powerful atm.

AllTimeLoww

11-01-2012

Ap assassins are more viable.

Drukyul

11-01-2012

AD assassins rely on skills to do a lot of their damage. Lifesteal is only as good as spell vamp for them. But the only halfway decent item for them with spellvamp is Gunblade, which is expensive so you're paying for a bunch of AP you're not using.

xJru

11-01-2012

both rengar and kha zix have heals so that they can effectively stay in melee range and not have to worrry as much about being squishy