Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Any word on Dark Templar Nocturne?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquid Fox

Senior Member

11-01-2012

It's been awhile... ;(

I hope it wasn't canceled.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hal Jordan

Senior Member

11-01-2012

i dont think it was ever discussed as an official skin
blizzard, being the copyright jews that they are would take riot to court faster than you can say DAAAAAAAARKNESSSSS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquid Fox

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
ChaoticFinal:
i dont think it was ever discussed as an official skin
blizzard, being the copyright jews that they are would take riot to court faster than you can say DAAAAAAAARKNESSSSS


Yeah I was thinking about that... Maybe they ran into copyright issues.

But the term Dark Templar isn't unique to Blizzard, it's the term AND the look, and we have no idea what he looked like.

Still, was really excited... T_T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyanide Velocity

Senior Member

11-01-2012

We could call it Heretic Nocturne.

Heretic as in, the dark templar are an off-branch of the followers of Khala thus they are branded heretics.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hal Jordan

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Izanani:
Yeah I was thinking about that... Maybe they ran into copyright issues.

But the term Dark Templar isn't unique to Blizzard, it's the term AND the look, and we have no idea what he looked like.

Still, was really excited... T_T

trust me
the slightest resemblance to a templar, riot would be sued
it will not happen until blizzard croaks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpinalTapd

Junior Member

11-19-2012

Riot would not be sued. Cookie Monster Nunu, Ashe (Drow Ranger), Storm Shadow...I mean Shockblade Zed, Rengar (Predator), Augmented Singed (Bane) along with many other champions and skins are obvious references to other copyrighted characters. Its part of what makes league fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
SpinalTapd:
Riot would not be sued. Cookie Monster Nunu, Ashe (Drow Ranger), Storm Shadow...I mean Shockblade Zed, Rengar (Predator), Augmented Singed (Bane) along with many other champions and skins are obvious references to other copyrighted characters. Its part of what makes league fun.


but not blizzard

trust me, activision-blizzard is the epitome of american copyright
sue sue sue!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXQBHLIPcw


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorsePlayerUSA

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Almost every American company does this with their IP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJigger

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Direforge got changed to Bioforge so it can easily be changed to something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

303Devilfish

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
ObscureClockwork:
but not blizzard

trust me, activision-blizzard is the epitome of american copyright
sue sue sue!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXQBHLIPcw

what about bethesda and their "scrolls" lulfest?


12