Trying to get response from 2k+ elo player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crewcial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Hey guys, ive got a major question that may not be too complicated but seems like it could make a huge impact in how well i play league. My main question is first i hear a lot of people on their streams go on mobafire and make fun of builds saying people actually buy this stuff!?!? wtf, and honestly i follow guides like that. not exactly maybe switch something here and there but they are very helpful. What is it that makes a build like that bad are there any guidelines or am i missing something? Also i always see awkward things built by pros in solo queue, like dyrus building merc's 2 doran and a sunfire cape?(rengar) when is a sunfire cape viable as one of your first items. In my perfect world i would be asking an MLG player face to face but im hoping someone with a fairly high elo may be able to help me out. Thanks for any advice given.

Crewcial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Bump

Crewcial

11-01-2012

One last bump for hope

Gods Grunt

11-01-2012

i shall bump to save this +1

RevengeBlade

11-01-2012

mobafire is bad this is true.

you build your items around your teams needs and the other lane. The same 6 items only works sometimes.

solomid is a little better, but there;s still some troll guides.

Tremor

Recruiter

11-01-2012

When you play Bruisers/Tanky people, learn to see where all their damage is coming from and build in accordance to that. There is nothing wrong with picking up an Aegis for the team if no one else is getting it.

It just depends on how you like to build, there are cookie cutter builds that work wonders and can carry you out of 1200~ elo probably to 1500.

PillowNZ

11-01-2012

ok, heres my opinion. firslty you will often see professionals change their build up each and every game based on the enemy team, for example if the enemy ap carry is extremely fed or they have an abundance of AP heavy champions, then your mobafire build that tells you to buy a thornmail, really isnt going to help you in the slightest

secondly, is that the game changes, many mobafire builds, especially the high rated ones ive seen are dated and not as viable as they were when the build was made.

that being said, online builds are often a good guidline, but there is always that perfect item for the situation you are in, and the more you play the more you'll learn what that item is.

hope this helped a little, i may not be 2k elo but i know a few things

Bolby

11-01-2012

If you build only a certain set of items, and only that set. I will assure you, you are setting yourself up to lose. You shouldn't follow what other people say, but rather what they advise. Certain builds are not going to benefit you if you encounter a team oriented in one way. This also could vary depending on how well you do in a game.

PillowNZ

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor View Post
It just depends on how you like to build.
this guy makes a good point build to your own playstyle aswell. if you are agressive or passive you should build accordingly

Tremor

Recruiter

11-01-2012

Also Mobafire is bad. Just don't use it. If you are going to use anything, use www.solomid.com stuff. They have some valuable information in their guides and the featured ones are very very informative.