Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

comeback mechanic needs to go at 150

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shukarhazh

11-02-2012

Well now I feel silly. It hadn't really hit me full force that someone who manages to 3-cap while down something like 5-287 is actually dominating at that point, but now that I think about it that's exactly what happens. The first post just read like "I wanna win when Im this close" to me at first, but now that I'm re-reading it I see what you mean, that once enemy recaps that low it's nigh impossible to push that last little bit to victory.

Removing the respawn difference at under 100 would be nice. At this point the losing team still has a 3-cap (probably) and has a nonzero chance of victory, while still being at a decent disadvantage from getting stomped on early.

Rebel Dragon

11-02-2012

The thing is, at 5 points, if they make one mistake, they lose. And if you're up by several hundred points, you probably won't lose, just because you have a lot more time for mistakes then they do.

konfetarius

11-02-2012

Because revive waves and lower revive timers combine, it can be a lot more difficult to lose from a single mistake than you think. It gets outright ridiculous if your bot laner kills the enemy in the middle of the lane and physically doesn't have enough time to cap a point because the guy naturally revives in 8-10 seconds.

MrSmileyy

11-02-2012

Quote:
konfetarius:
Because revive waves and lower revive timers combine, it can be a lot more difficult to lose from a single mistake than you think. It gets outright ridiculous if your bot laner kills the enemy in the middle of the lane and physically doesn't have enough time to cap a point because the guy naturally revives in 8-10 seconds.

this is exactly what I'm talking about, the can make mistakes, but they revive fast enough that we get whittled on/near points and when we lose someone its devastating since they are gone for much longer (in a close game, that 4-6 seconds makes a BIG deal) Notice how you can kill all 4 top, but before you even cap point, the first two have arrived again already, then when they finish you off, they have time to go rush and decap bottom before your even up.

Again though, all this would take is for the intended mechanic to be fixed...which I have to wonder why it hasn't in a year...

urinetrouble

11-03-2012

I'm relatively new to dominion, so can someone please fully relay to me to the comeback mechanic works? One thing I've grown to love about dominion is that the points stop dropping once a point advantage has been made. From what I've been reading though is that respawns are madly faster when down in score. I can see the issue at hand, and that in a game where points are much more valuable than kills, an 8-10 seconds of death means nothing and brings little reward to the killer. I do find that a lower than normal respawn timer is the only thing that can make a near loss comeback possible. Would (with number testing, of course) a lightly increased death timer, say 18-20 seconds be a fairer fit? I don't think that I'm alone in thinking that epic comebacks when down several points is something that should be removed. It's one of the reasons why Dominion is slowly becoming one of my favorite game modes.

baleofvale

11-04-2012

Quote:
MrSmileyy:
Tired of enemy team recapping at 5-20 points, then they easily hold rest of game because they have a big res advance over my team (also been on the other side) for the rest of thegame.

IMO, it should dissapear when both teams are under 150 points, the closest of games can get ruined by it

At 5 points left, all they have to do is make *one* mistake and its over. You almost have to just wait for them to screw up. The fact that you lost it means that you made many, many mistakes to lose that 300 point lead.

Don't be a whiner.