Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


comeback mechanic needs to go at 150

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmileyy

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Tired of enemy team recapping at 5-20 points, then they easily hold rest of game because they have a big res advance over my team (also been on the other side) for the rest of thegame.

IMO, it should dissapear when both teams are under 150 points, the closest of games can get ruined by it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shukarhazh

Senior Member

11-01-2012

The game doesn't end when the enemy has 5 nexus health left. It ends at 0.

What you're suggesting is removing one of the reasons Dominion is Dominion. Snowballing is SUPPOSED to be difficult, and comebacks like this are at the core of what makes Dominion fun. If you don't like getting beaten from having a 300-point lead, adapt your playstyle to recover.

If you just want a game mode where you can't possibly lose the advantage without handing it to your enemy on a silver platter, Summoner's Rift exists.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

Senior Member

11-01-2012

honestly i think it would be better to just remove kills doing nexus damage and then remove the comback switchover

i honestly like the idea of winning by taking a quest and removing the 100 point switchover would be really great imo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
What you're suggesting is removing one of the reasons Dominion is Dominion. Snowballing is SUPPOSED to be difficult, and comebacks like this are at the core of what makes Dominion fun. If you don't like getting beaten from having a 300-point lead, adapt your playstyle to recover.

Counter-point: the team on the 20 point side of the great 300 point lead is now snowballing due to stronger late game comp and the "anti-snowball" mechanic.

The comeback switch needs tuning. If you gained 250 points when your opponent gained 0, you are no longer "coming back." You are dominating, and the mechanic that is supposed to stop the snowball is aiding your snowball instead. (It's obviously not always the case that the late game snowball is getting the unfair advantage, but it happens enough for me to say that this needs tuning.)

REVIVE TIMERS OP!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-01-2012

I think there are better solutions. However, would this solution be better than current implementation? YES imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmileyy

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Ed the Undying:
The game doesn't end when the enemy has 5 nexus health left. It ends at 0.

What you're suggesting is removing one of the reasons Dominion is Dominion. Snowballing is SUPPOSED to be difficult, and comebacks like this are at the core of what makes Dominion fun. If you don't like getting beaten from having a 300-point lead, adapt your playstyle to recover.

If you just want a game mode where you can't possibly lose the advantage without handing it to your enemy on a silver platter, Summoner's Rift exists.

The issue isn't that dominion allows comebacks, but in situations like this, both team are good, but one pulled back at 5 points, they now have a clear advantage for the rest of the game. Comeback mechanic is to keep the game exciting, and try let games get as close as they can, when both teams have fallen beneath a certain point (I would say 100 or 150) it is no longer necessary for something like this, and favoring one of the two teams in such a close makes it LESS exciting even.

It is frustrating on the losing side as well to know you lost because they could point zerg faster than you, even if you killed them they revived faster than you, gg.

I like that the mechanic exists, but it needs to go when both teams are low, or better yet, it needs to not be in effect unless there is a more than 100 point difference a 5-95 point advantage is not enough to call for such a mechanic to be in play.

Did you know you can hold back and purposefully cap your point at the start just late so they have one extra point on you, and now your entire team resses faster? Kills may change that, but it can matter more than it should.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyGothic

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that very rule (no respawn advantage unless the gap is > 100 points) is meant to be in place - it just doesn't work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmileyy

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
NavyGothic:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that very rule (no respawn advantage unless the gap is > 100 points) is meant to be in place - it just doesn't work.

then its been broken for a year so riot hates us if that worked correctly, my complaint would be invalid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
MrSmileyy:
The issue isn't that dominion allows comebacks, but in situations like this, both team are good, but one pulled back at 5 points, they now have a clear advantage for the rest of the game. Comeback mechanic is to keep the game exciting, and try let games get as close as they can, when both teams have fallen beneath a certain point (I would say 100 or 150) it is no longer necessary for something like this, and favoring one of the two teams in such a close makes it LESS exciting even.

It is frustrating on the losing side as well to know you lost because they could point zerg faster than you, even if you killed them they revived faster than you, gg.

I like that the mechanic exists, but it needs to go when both teams are low, or better yet, it needs to not be in effect unless there is a more than 100 point difference a 5-95 point advantage is not enough to call for such a mechanic to be in play.

Did you know you can hold back and purposefully cap your point at the start just late so they have one extra point on you, and now your entire team resses faster? Kills may change that, but it can matter more than it should.


Couple things - first i believe that it is actually a bug that the timers are different with a low point difference, though one that has never been altered and has existed from the beginning. The only reason that we know it is some sort of bug was some of the original comments and stuff on the wiki and other information put out about it. It should be a point difference though of more than just +/-1.

The point capping thing - its better to not hold back, but rather to run to the top of the small wall that is next to the point to cap. This will cause the delay to happen but you will get to top faster afterwards. Though, if both teams do this then the advantage is neutralized unless something happens like your bot laner didn't buy boots and the enemy's did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

Senior Member

11-02-2012

I've had games where we both win and lost at 1-0

They are so freaking awesome, you want to pull your ballz off when you had the advantage and lost at the last enemy turret health, but when you win, you want to jump off a building celebrating


12