Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rise and Escape from ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sixpkabs

11-01-2012

Hello fellow summoners, A few weeks ago I posted a thread on here complaining/asking on any tips on getting out of elo hell.

Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post29352899

I had gotten all sorts of replies on my previous thread. Most were positive replies, some were negative but in the end i figured out why i was in elo hell(My elo was 850 at the time of the thread), The problem, which i found hard to believe was me, and my decisions. I always assumed that i knew what i was doing because i usually won my lane, and started raging at other lanes who werent having the same luck, which cost me many games.

So, after realizing all this i decided to take a two week break from ranked and re collect myself with the goal of getting to 1300 before the season ends. I watched some streams, read some more forum posts, and concluded that the best role to carry out of elo hell was jungling.

So, around Oct 1st i started playing ranked again, and I have risen about 400 elo by jungling and going top. Currently im at 1268 elo and my goal of 1300 is within my reach.

Here are my tips on how to get out of elo hell:

- Jungle if your soloing by yourself. Its the one role that can help other lanes snowball. You also have the power to initiate fights and save lives.

- NEVER RAGE AT A TEAMMATE, a few games where i was jungling i had each of the solo lanes feed( mid, top). I kept a positive attitude and encouraged them to wait until laning phase ends, or to wait for me to gank.

-Positive attitude helps win games, and it makes the game fun too. If a player is harassing you just mute them and enjoy the game. BE YOURSELF.

-Know how to counterpick. The thing about elo hell is not that many people know how to counterpick. If your last pick and are left with top and the enemy team picks a darius for to, you would either go jax or jayce.

Here's a link to a site that helped me learn counterpicks

http://lolcounter.com/

Anyway this post is kind of long, but i hope people can benefit from my two cents. Heres hoping i get 1300 before season ends!

adc

11-01-2012

The problem with counterpicking - unless you're good at every champion, you're not going to be able to play counters effectively. Sure, if your second best champion is Ryze and the enemy picks Ahri or someone he counters, by all means, play him. But if you're worst Ryze NA, don't play Ryze just because he counters the enemy champion. I've first picked Cassiopeia for 40~ games now. 70% win rate, because I'm good with her.

Sixpkabs

11-01-2012

AD Bottom- First i have to commend you on raising your elo as well. Read your forum post and i hope you can keep it up .

On the topic of counterpicking you are absolutely right, what i meant to say was you should probably have a vast champion pool for counterpicking to work properly.

Sixpkabs

11-05-2012

bump

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-05-2012

I think it's best to focus on being really great with a small pool of champions that being mediocre with a large pool of champions. The only reason I've even consider counter-picking is if I felt comfortable with my current pool of champions and I was ready to add one more to my repertoire.

If there was a champion that was a particularly good counter to numerous popular picks, that might be the next champion I go learn.