For the love of god, LOSS FORGIVEN WHEN SOMEONE DC'S FOR 10 MINS+?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladiator Rinn

Member

11-01-2012

I can't even tell you how much elo i've lost on 4v5's, actually I can. This account was 9-1 to ranked then I went 9-6 because I had 4 4v5's in a row, losing over 110 elo!! Now i'm on my old smurf around 1k from months ago, and now 3 4v5's in a row, honestly, there's A 95% chance you'll NEVER win 4v5 if the other team isn't IDIOTIC enough to drag it to late game where you can't do anything because....it's....4v5........

Would LOVE to see a rep respond, seeing as even during MLG you guys are having disconnects and what do you do? Start the game over! FFS give DC'd team loss forgiven and other team win or whatever...i've even had 3v5's before, unreal! REALLY makes this game unenjoyable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

11-01-2012

So, there's a 95% chance you'll never win a 4v5... okay.

Then there's a 95% chance you'll never lose a 5v4, right?

And statistics will show that as long as you never disconnect yourself, your team will see 5v4 about 20% more often then your team will see 4v5.

In the long run, it's a net gain of Elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roughly 6 Owls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-01-2012

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this implemented. I understand that, based on the math, you should gain ELO overall, I don't think that's really the point.

In practice this game is frustrating enough if you're a control freak. And unlike with poor play, A 4v5 is very hard to win regardless of how well you actually play, and I don't think I've ever seen someone say "losing this 4v5 was a lot of fun!", while someone else says "Crushing the 4 of you was the best game I've played all day!"

Having ELO change of 0 for anyone who didn't leave or disconnect in a loss because of a prolonged 4v5 doesn't seem like it would be a huge problem. You'd get some ELO inflation overall, but is that a huge deal? It removes the penalty for 4 other people in a game where one person left, or got called by work, or...

Ultimately, playing a 4v5 isn't much fun. When you play a game because it's supposed to be fun, why wouldn't RIOT seek to avoid people having no fun, as much as possible?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JulpaFTW

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
So, there's a 95% chance you'll never win a 4v5... okay.

Then there's a 95% chance you'll never lose a 5v4, right?

And statistics will show that as long as you never disconnect yourself, your team will see 5v4 about 20% more often then your team will see 4v5.

In the long run, it's a net gain of Elo.
In the long run. In the short run, it's annoying and unfair. Losing or gaining elo should depend on you and your team's skill and performance, not their presence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Besides the fact that it's fair in the long run, Riot has provided a very good reason why they don't do things like this.

It leads to drastic amounts of abuse. Sure, in cases where someone has been legitimately disconnected for most of the game, it seems fair, but in practice, it will result in "STUPID MASTER YI! DISCONNECT SO WE DON'T LOSE ELO SINCE YOU FED ALL GAME!" Whoever has the worst KDA is going to get harassed into quitting out to prevent the other 4 from losing Elo.

Now, harassment may happen anyway, but this will mean some extra harassment, and harassment from players who may not otherwise harass. Essentially, with this suggest system, Riot gives people incentive people to harass teammates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladiator Rinn

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulpaFTW View Post
In the long run. In the short run, it's annoying and unfair. Losing or gaining elo should depend on you and your team's skill and performance, not their presence.
^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladiator Rinn

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Besides the fact that it's fair in the long run, Riot has provided a very good reason why they don't do things like this.

It leads to drastic amounts of abuse. Sure, in cases where someone has been legitimately disconnected for most of the game, it seems fair, but in practice, it will result in "STUPID MASTER YI! DISCONNECT SO WE DON'T LOSE ELO SINCE YOU FED ALL GAME!" Whoever has the worst KDA is going to get harassed into quitting out to prevent the other 4 from losing Elo.

Now, harassment may happen anyway, but this will mean some extra harassment, and harassment from players who may not otherwise harass. Essentially, with this suggest system, Riot gives people incentive people to harass teammates.
ok, and then this "stupid master yi" does disconnect, then he get's banned for leaving a ranked game...awesome, sounds like we're killing two birds with one stone here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roughly 6 Owls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It leads to drastic amounts of abuse. Sure, in cases where someone has been legitimately disconnected for most of the game, it seems fair, but in practice, it will result in "STUPID MASTER YI! DISCONNECT SO WE DON'T LOSE ELO SINCE YOU FED ALL GAME!" Whoever has the worst KDA is going to get harassed into quitting out to prevent the other 4 from losing Elo.
I suppose this is an issue (I don't normally think in terms of being an ******) but this happens as is. I've seen and been the recipient of insults like "We would literally be better off if you just AFKed."

I'd also say that the average LoL player probably isn't willing to help out 4 people that are being graceless ******s who they will likely never see again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roughly 6 Owls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator Rinn View Post
ok, and then this "stupid master yi" does disconnect, then he get's banned for leaving a ranked game...awesome, sounds like we're killing two birds with one stone here.
No, this is a bad mindset. Pogogogogogo is right in that RIOT (and myself, and probably a couple others) don't want to encourage harassment. And anyone who leaves because they're being harassed doesn't really deserve a ban, in my opinion, because they wouldn't have left without the harassment (which is a bannable offense as well). If one offense causes a second, I think the first one is a worse offense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JulpaFTW

Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Besides the fact that it's fair in the long run, Riot has provided a very good reason why they don't do things like this.

It leads to drastic amounts of abuse. Sure, in cases where someone has been legitimately disconnected for most of the game, it seems fair, but in practice, it will result in "STUPID MASTER YI! DISCONNECT SO WE DON'T LOSE ELO SINCE YOU FED ALL GAME!" Whoever has the worst KDA is going to get harassed into quitting out to prevent the other 4 from losing Elo.

Now, harassment may happen anyway, but this will mean some extra harassment, and harassment from players who may not otherwise harass. Essentially, with this suggest system, Riot gives people incentive people to harass teammates.

Who would risk getting a ban for leaves when you can just mute and report? Abuse is actually a very small problem once you learn to tab and click on that speaker.