[Champion Concept] Subrias, Soldier of Souls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-01-2012

This idea came from a few people on the forum saying my first character creation wasn’t even remotely creative. So, I went outside the box and created a character that works like no other character in League of Legends.

Note* I have made a few tweaks after a comment that this will only be viable in the Summoner Rift. Including a name change.

Subrias , Summoner of Souls

Class: Jungler

Passive: Emits a weaker form of that buff to nearby teammates. Only one buff can be active at a time. If no buff from the game is chosen a default buff of increased armor is applied.
1. Golem: gives his time the effect of blue buff while active.
2. Red Lizard: gives his team the effect of the red buff while active.
3. Dragon: provides an extra 50 gold per assist or kill while active.
4. Baron Nashor: provides a weaken version of buff but lasts on him for 30% longer.

Soul Stealer (Q): Eats the soul of the jungle minion, attacks enemy player or consume a buff from a friendly player and reset the aura to half the normal amount of time if consumed from a friendly player.

Sacrifice (W): Sacrifice a portion on your soul (health) in true damage and deal double in true damage to the enemy. This is a spam ability which can be cast once every 3 seconds cast on the nearest single enemy champion.

Ancestral Souls(E): Three of your ancestors emerge one at a time. Each ancestor hits the nearest champion and slows them by 20% per hit.

Exorcise(R): Uses the current soul to turn into that minion and receive certain passive bonuses and an ultimate ability and eliminates the aura at the end of the transformation. Lasts for 15 seconds.

1. Blue Buff Golem Ult: a single target ability that does damage based off enemies mana.
Passive: increased Health Pool.

2. Red Lizard: a heavy damage over time ultimate.
Passive: increased ability power.

3. Dragon: Gives Subrias a ranged attack. Passive: increased attack power.

4. Baron Nashor: Sends out 3 ranged basic attacks per 2 seconds that hit up to 3 nearby champions with each hit lowering magic rest stacking up to 5 times. Passive: increased armor and magic resist.

5. If only the passive buff is up and ult is used current armor and magic resist are increased dramatically. Passive is on cool down for 90 secs after being consumed.

I think this could help to change the META game if this character were to be created. I'm a computer science major and working on getting my BA whose goal is to work for Riot once I'm done with school. I hope this is just one small step forward to my goals.

I'd love some feedback on this please guys. BTW, the reason there aren't any stats is that I don't think I'm qualified to judge how a character should scale. I'll leave that for Riot if they like my idea.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-01-2012

I'd love some feedback on this please guys. BTW, the reason there aren't any stats is that I don't think I'm qualified to judge how a character should scale. I'll leave that for Riot if they like my idea.

tabuk

11-01-2012

emm
that champion is only usefull in summoner rift
try to give him a skill that heal him when he deal damage and dont do skills that depend of neutral buffs
sry if my english suck

Subrias

11-01-2012

Quote:
Subrias , Soldier of Souls
Why you stealing my name bro....

Pizza Poker Guy

11-02-2012

Subrias you should feel honored haha.

Daphooph

01-22-2013

You succeeded at being creative. This champion could be a total game changer if played properly. Really want to see something like this in game. Riot please use this!

DryRun

01-22-2013

Hey, i will be back to review on this post when i am fully functioning (not virtually sleeping). I really like the jungle buff idea, its very similar to a champion of my own, who is based off voodoo and can ult and kill jungle monsters to gain them as pets and an additional buff. I will now shamelessly plug that champion now;
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2512943
Look for my review tomorrow night sometime. I would go ahead and ruff in some numbers, and a description or lore, they really help the idea, (ap, ad, resource...), and the lore ties it all together.

Deren Skyrager

06-02-2013

I like the concept; it's definitely very unique. However, there are a few things I'd like to point out that may make or break Subrias.

Firstly, the reliance on neutral buffs. I feel like this is only really good on Summoner's Rift, because Twisted Treeline only has one buff (Crest of Crushing Wrath from Vilemaw), and Dominion doesn't have any jungle creeps. Additionally, you should think about the possibility of counterjungling. Generally speaking, counterjungling is the act of killing the enemy team's jungle creeps to gain CS and to cripple enemy jungler(s). But with Subrias, being counterjungled immediately SHUTS HIM DOWN. I'm not trying to say that he is weak, but he should have some way to jungle very fast that doesn't require buffs.

Building off of that, the buff-related abilities cripple his laning presence. This pretty much means that Subrias can't lane at all. Most junglers can go to some other lane if jungle is not an option. For example, Fiddlesticks can also go mid, and Dr. Mundo can go top. You should consider giving Subrias some ways to do well in a lane, otherwise only jungle players would play him. And there aren't very many good junglers around.

I hope this helps,
Deren Skyrager

Caelthuzan

08-27-2013

You're getting there, Poker Guy... but I don't think you understand what I mean when I say 'original' (stares at passive). These abilities are pretty nice, but seem awfully OP. When I say 'you should come up with something original', I absolutely mean original! Try to come up with something that isn't related to current mechanics of the game to introduce new ideas for these champions. If you have ideas interesting enough, you will (with little doubt) be noticed and upvoted for your creativeness. I can't stress enough how much people like originality when it comes to ideas such as this. Keep working at it!