Zed, Result of the Ionia vs. Noxus War?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brother Ariman

11-01-2012

Most familiar with the lore can recall the time when Noxus sought to overtake Ionia and controlled a foothold their for a period, demanding a seat on the nation's council. In all likelihood there must have been Noxian sympathizers in the Ionian populace.

So how would you guys feel if it is revealed that Zed sided against his nation in the Ionia-Noxus War and now sought to take control of Ionia either for his own purpose or perhaps even deliver it to Swain's new regime.

Morec0

11-01-2012

I think it would be awesome! It would add an element of political intrigue to the game, which I don't think we've seen since the Journal of Justice ended with Swain's Coronation, and by extent give depth to a character that many have already labled "just another ninja."

I fully endorse this idea and hope it is the case along some lines, although I do have to say I'm not seeing any element of Noxian in his character design so far.

Bamfberserker

11-01-2012

Maybe Zed is General Du Couteau. =D

Morec0

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfberserker View Post
Maybe Zed is General Du Couteau. =D
I'm tempted to agree with your theory as well, but I just can't see it - again because I just don't see the Noxian in him. Had Noxus gotten a seat on the Ionian Council like they requested, then having him in Ionian-style garb would make sense. As the case stands, though, they did not and I can't see him having a place.

Also, I think that Genertal Du Couteau was killed by LeBlanc, she pretty much stated she wanted him out of the picture in her Judgement flashback.

In all honesty, though, this DOES bring about a tempting posibiltity: which I moved here in order to present it to a larger audience.

Bamfberserker

11-01-2012

I thought in the lore LeBlanc 'attempted', and according to Talon's lore, the general disappeared. I haven't seen anywhere that says he was confirmed dead.

Plus, he may not be affiliated to Noxus. Maybe he disappeared, biding his time. Planning.

I know it's a long shot, but Talon is my favorite champ and to think maybe his mentor is coming back would be awesomeeee =P

Treeke

11-01-2012

Guys, guys.

Stop.

Zed isn't General Du Couteau.

But I have to agree with Bamfberserker, General Du Couteau dissapeared, and nobody has confirmed his death. Maybe Zed is General Du Couteau's codename? Anyway, I think this is highly unlikely.

Vicos Cavete

11-01-2012

It would help add some intrigue to the shades of gray notion between Demacia and Noxus because when everyone claims of how evil Noxus was for invading Ionia they forget to remember how it was mentioned that Noxian occupied areas flourished compared to the rest of Ionia. So it would be a breath of fresh air to see a faction of Ionians that would actually like for the return of Noxian occupation.

Plus it would be a cool way to pump some more lore into Ionia and potentially Demacia and Noxus. Imagine an Ionian civil war and the two biggest city states lending support to the two opposing sides.

KiteMeGood

11-01-2012

Some of the Ionians felt weak for the fact their nation fell to the Zaunite horrors that attacked the island. The Ionians didn't mind the Noxians, they were going to expect a fight. What they never expected was what despicable tactics and weapons of war Noxus will use against name: i/e the melters. Hell Darius and Swain distanced themselves from the Invasion just to show how the traditionalists felt about the fight. If Noxus has lost legitimately without Zaun, they will still retain some prestige for fighting to the bitter end. But what happened with Noxus was effectively a loss of honor and humiliated by Ionia in the rematch. It took the Kalamanda incident to regain control of the situation.