RIOT Points / PayPal issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swingburn

Senior Recruiter

11-21-2009

I spent some time last night trying to purchase some RIOT points via PayPal. Everything seemed to be working fine until the request got processed and the Katrina loading screen would appear followed by the : Error_an unexpected error has occurred.

I continued to try and buy points in hopes that it was just lag etc but no luck. So i check my PayPal account today and find I have been charged 10.00 USD 3 times from RIOT Games Inc.

Am I going to get my points?, was it an error and i should not have been charged? or does it just take a long period of time before I get the points I have ordered?.

GoD FoRSaKeN

11-21-2009

Well... you see... first problem is.. you just spent 30$ on riot points...

Unfortunately it happened to me as well.. I bought the 35$ rp thing, and it errored, didnt go through on their end.. but they still got my money...

Now, On my end, I am out 35$ and they are taking their sweet time to fix the problem..

I am debating on filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, because I sent in a email to their "Support@riotgames.com" email address.. and they still havent responded around 20 hrs later. Not to mention I sent them an email some 3 weeks back about a few issues, and they never responded to that.. so my patience is growing thin.

patriot247

11-21-2009

Many of us are having the same issue. We were told to send an email to support. None of our emails are even being responded to. They are currently giving everyone the impression that they don't care a whole lot.

GoD FoRSaKeN

11-21-2009

Ya.. the greedy laugh of i already got your money.

warcode

11-21-2009

So dispute the purchase in paypal? Thats the only reason to use it anyway.

Swingburn

Senior Recruiter

11-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD FoRSaKeN View Post
Well... you see... first problem is.. you just spent 30$ on riot points...

Unfortunately it happened to me as well.. I bought the 35$ rp thing, and it errored, didnt go through on their end.. but they still got my money...

Now, On my end, I am out 35$ and they are taking their sweet time to fix the problem..

I am debating on filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, because I sent in a email to their "Support@riotgames.com" email address.. and they still havent responded around 20 hrs later. Not to mention I sent them an email some 3 weeks back about a few issues, and they never responded to that.. so my patience is growing thin.
Keep in mind how swamped they are. I think the success of the game took them by surprise, I would just like an answer to whats going on with the RIOT points that we have paid for...its kind of important.

TenshouSNK

11-29-2009

same here, tried purchasing many times via paypal, prolly spent over 50 by now, wth, same error message, will i be charged for all this!?

caell

05-27-2010

Fix this up you slacky RIOT workers..

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-28-2010

You should automatically be receiving an reply e-mail from Riot with a trouble ticket ID number. If you're not receiving this e-mail please make sure you check your spam and filter settings, or most likely that is the reason you haven't received a reply.

For all support e-mails, please give 2-3 business days for the e-mail to get through the backlog.

In these cases, the transactions almost always resolve themselves after a short period of time. Usually the transactions are listed as pending and not fully charged until the transaction completes. In any case, if you have an issue with a purchase, please e-mail support@riotgames.com

AKQZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

I'm planing to purchase some RP through Paypal today but I'm in a worry after seeing this...
Is it working properly now?
And is it a must to add Credit Card to my Paypal account to complete the purchase?