Something needs to be done about punishment for leaving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedopolice2021 View Post
Meh, leave it to the tribunal as a judgement call for all I care. I just feel it's unfair to be banned for a game I sank so much money into when I frequently get put into games like this.
As far as I know, if you are not connected to a game when it ends, that's not a Tribunal thing, it's a "If you leave more than X games in Y games played, you will face a punishment of some sort" formula.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedopolice2021 View Post
Meh, leave it to the tribunal as a judgement call for all I care. I just feel it's unfair to be banned for a game I sank so much money into when I frequently get put into games like this.
If you've been banned for leaving, you leave far too frequently.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
As far as I know, if you are not connected to a game when it ends, that's not a Tribunal thing, it's a "If you leave more than X games in Y games played, you will face a punishment of some sort" formula.
And yes, idle/afk/dc is not handled by the Tribunal. It's actually not leave X games out of Y, it's something more like X idle/afk/dc minutes out of Y minutes. You can be banned for idle/afk/dc, even if you watch the inhibitor die in every single match if you're consistently disconnecting then coming back before the end of the match.

Malphas Marx

11-02-2012

So what on urgency quitting, I had to quit due to non-LOL matters that forced me to quit immediately even when my team was about to win. Am I to be punished for mere bad timing

vulgarwolf

11-02-2012

if you dont leave games u dont get the leaver marks nor the bans

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphas Marx View Post
So what on urgency quitting, I had to quit due to non-LOL matters that forced me to quit immediately even when my team was about to win. Am I to be punished for mere bad timing
That's kind of the beauty of how the automated LeaveBuster system works. It bans based on a ratio.

It's not a certain number of AFK/DC/Idle, it's not on your first incident. It's based on how often you leave games versus how often you're actually in game and playing. If an emergency truly comes up, you can leave without fear of being banned as long as you're playing through and not leaving when there's not an emergency.

And if you were banned for leaving games but you only left when there was a "emergency," then either you have a very loose definition of emergency, or you're in some sort of environment that prevents you from completing games on a regular basis. Either way, if you're regularly leaving your teammates down a player, you're going to get punished, no matter the excuse.

MostlyGinger

11-09-2012

I agree, this system is so stupid, I left a game because I had to go do something, so I left the game to get off. next time I get on i'm suspended, if they don't change this people are gonna stop playing the game.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyGinger View Post
I agree, this system is so stupid, I left a game because I had to go do something, so I left the game to get off. next time I get on i'm suspended, if they don't change this people are gonna stop playing the game.
You weren't punished for one leave.

Daksimus

11-09-2012

My advice is just to try and use that situation to better yourself. Obviously it will be difficult with your teams' behavior but its a good opportunity to practice playing against fed opponents. Furthermore it will be a matter of patience. As you get to higher levels and play against (and with) more honorable opponents this will happen less and less.

first time Vayne

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
You're banned for making the game miserable for other people who also put money into it.

If you're in a game where people are trolling, then go have some fun with it too. If the other team wants to ace you over and over, see how many pentakills you can give their support, go get a quick snack during your respawn timer, and then do it again. Eventually, all will have had fun and decide it's time to end the game.

If you don't want to do that, then say "Hey, I don't feel like playing a troll game. Mind if I walk in circles?" If they say "Idc," then set your champ to walk to the enemy fountain and go watch a Youtube video. You'll die (likely before you get there, but hooray if you make it), which will set your timer. Come back in 5 minutes and do it again. It's not hard.

If they say no, then play seriously because they may think there's still a chance -- be looking for it.

Getting pissy in-game will just give them new entertainment. Don't encourage them.

When all is said and done, report any trolls who made your game miserable, and move on. Don't leave games and then expect special treatment. As Pogo said, we can't allow any leavers because if we do, we cannot define a "good" leaver from a "bad" one -- the line separating exceptions is too blurry. The whole system falls apart... Just play your games, dude.