Thornmail needs to be looked at

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrBleck

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Tanks will still have the option of picking up Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart as anti AD items.
Just like on Summoner's Rift!

In every single game! One hundred percent of the time!

Henry Plainview

11-01-2012

WTF RIOT you disable Madred's Bloodrazor and now Thornmail! What am I supposed to do without the two worst items in the game?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-01-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBleck View Post
Just like on Summoner's Rift!

In every single game! One hundred percent of the time!
Picking up Thornmail on TT against an AD carry is more of a big deal on 3's rather than 5's. The amount of targets you are dealing with on 5's makes it easier to avoid a target all together. You really don't have that luxury on a 3v3 map.

While I don't disagree than Thornmail is a.... niche item... I believe it's stronger than everyone is giving it credit for. It completely nullifies AD carries late game on TT.

Quote:
I'm sorry; i just checked in again and saw a new red post. Unfortunately the largest voted issue that's currently in limbo is not being addressed, but I can't let this post go unnoticed.

What AD carries? Does this mean the AD carry AND bruiser tier? Because the first 2 levels of that tier actually only have 1 or 2 ad carries in them, and the rest bruisers...

So again, what AD carries?

Now don't get me wrong, I think this would be a step in the right direction to make adc's more viable, but that's just a tiny blip.
Remember that you can't fix every issue at one moment. SR has had many years of tweaks and adjustments to get it to the point it is at today. You can't expect it to be perfect within a week.

Sessamo

11-01-2012

Dannamoth, any comment on the change to Zhonya's Witchcap?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-01-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Dannamoth, any comment on the change to Zhonya's Witchcap?
It should help casters..... a lot

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-01-2012

thornmail was the whole reason why tank was so good. now there is no reason to not go 3 full adc. Adc will now outlifesteal every tanks or bruiser.
Bruiser and tanks will be totally useless.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
thornmail was the whole reason why tank was so good. now there is no reason to not go 3 full adc. Adc will now outlifesteal every tanks or bruiser.
Bruiser and tanks will be totally useless.
FH is more powerful at damage mitigation than thornmail in general. I doubt that AD carries will be in total control with FH still an option.

HayabusaZero

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
After looking at data from live, our own experience on TT, and watching player feedback we have decided to remove Thornmail from TT. We believe that it has too large of an impact on AD carries late game in a 3v3 match-up. Tanks will still have the option of picking up Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart as anti AD items.
Well, thank you for that! I hope with this, and Season 3 items change that's coming on Nov. 6th, we can see more AD carries participating on 3v3.

Everything that helps to give the map more balance is a welcome change.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Fox View Post
FH is more powerful at damage mitigation than thornmail in general. I doubt that AD carries will be in total control with FH still an option.
yes more dmg mitigation, but lot less of dps.
dps of frozen heart is 0dmg
dps of thornmail with 300armor was 120% of attacker damage.

the dps was extremly high, and even with frozen heart carries will easily outlifesteal the damage of bruiser. There is totally no point to play bruiser anymore. this is sad but true.
R.I.P bruisers 2009-2012

DragonEpico

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
sanguine blade, merc threads, and any other MR pretty much makes thornmail do 0 damage.
Wicket hatchet. This is not SR