Looking for AD Carry advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syb3221

10-31-2012

Hello. I am currently stuck in an ELO ranging from 1330-1370. WAIT, don't leave yet. i'm not raging over bad players. I look at losses as my fault. If i'm stuck in a certain ELO range I assume I don't know something / not doing something correctly in order to raise my ELO. I am looking for advice on positioning and how to really carry a game with an ad carry. I feel that with some advice I can make better plays and raise my ELO. Looking forward to your advice and thank you for your time.

adc

10-31-2012

There are a few things.

First of all, if you really want to carry yourself higher and you can play mid competently, I'd suggest it. Sure, you can carry with top lane, or AD carry, or jungle, but a lot of the time a fed AP is better.

Second, if you want to AD carry, the three most important things are farming, autoattacking, and leading.

Farming is very important for obvious reasons - without it, you won't have items! Autoattacking is also very important. Contrary to what many people believe, you won't be able to run into the enemy team and autoattack the enemy carry. You should be autoattacking the most important target you can that is within your range. If you have to walk away from the fight a bit because Jax is attacking you - do so! Let your team help you peel for the Jax. You can't just ignore him, or you'll die.

And leading the team is something you'll be doing in any role. Learn to make good decisions, such as when to dragon, and call them. Be the leader - most other people at your level won't be.

Fiveofswords

10-31-2012

often tiems ad adc its better to show up a tad late to teamfights...so you are less tempted to put yourself in bad position. Always stay very far away and jsut attack whatever you can that is closest to you. Its ok if its the tank...jsut get last whisper. Be very afraid when there isnt much vision around you. at your elo people are pretty lame and never buy wards...so you honestly often CANNOT get good psoitioning, cause you dont know when some guy will just out of the fog of war and kill you. Id suggest trying caitlyn as adc becauseshe seems to have the easiest time handling such situations.

Syb3221

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
There are a few things.

First of all, if you really want to carry yourself higher and you can play mid competently, I'd suggest it. Sure, you can carry with top lane, or AD carry, or jungle, but a lot of the time a fed AP is better.

Second, if you want to AD carry, the three most important things are farming, autoattacking, and leading.

Farming is very important for obvious reasons - without it, you won't have items! Autoattacking is also very important. Contrary to what many people believe, you won't be able to run into the enemy team and autoattack the enemy carry. You should be autoattacking the most important target you can that is within your range. If you have to walk away from the fight a bit because Jax is attacking you - do so! Let your team help you peel for the Jax. You can't just ignore him, or you'll die.

And leading the team is something you'll be doing in any role. Learn to make good decisions, such as when to dragon, and call them. Be the leader - most other people at your level won't be.
I'll use some of this advice tomorrow, thanks for the reply!

SleepyCurry

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syb3221 View Post
Hello. I am currently stuck in an ELO ranging from 1330-1370. WAIT, don't leave yet. i'm not raging over bad players. I look at losses as my fault. If i'm stuck in a certain ELO range I assume I don't know something / not doing something correctly in order to raise my ELO. I am looking for advice on positioning and how to really carry a game with an ad carry. I feel that with some advice I can make better plays and raise my ELO. Looking forward to your advice and thank you for your time.
Im 1508 elo, and I main adc.
There are a couple of things you can do to better your plays as an adc, but I'll give you some advises that helped me the most.

1. CS>Kills. Never overdo yourself in lane to get that last hit on a kill. 15-20 cs is worth a kill, and the job of an ADC is to build his items asap to do the dps in teamfights. Go in for kills when it is secure, but do not towerdive just so that you could get a kill. Denying enemy with cs while taking them yourself is worth more than a kill and having to go back to heal. Also, go to custom games and practice last hitting without runes or masteries. Practice csing while minions are under tower. My ideal goal was 100cs in 12 min, 200 in 20 min.

2. Do not try to focus enemy dps/mage in teamfights. Your job as an adc is to survive until the last do do as much auto attacks possible. If hitting a tank is the only option you've got in a teamfight, hit and kill the tank, then move your way in. Deal with offtanks who run after you (with the help of your support), and survive. DO NOT FRONTAL TUMBLE INTO THE ENEMY TEAM TO LAND ONE AUTO ON THEIR MAGE AND DIE AS VAYNE.

3. Play an adc with an escape. Ezreal, Corki, Graves, Vayne(in some cases) works well in1300 elo. In 1300 I felt supports are less willing to protect you in teamfights, and an escape like ezreal's e really helps. While champions like mf are powerful in lane, they simply cannot deal with the offtank who run after them in teamfights.

oh one last thing. Dont forget to buy one or two wards when you go back. Supports should not be the only ones warding. ALL PLAYERS WARD->OP VISION

Meldorai

12-19-2012

Try to remember while pushing that YOU should always get the CS so you can beef your self up for future fights.
This is a very smart tactic used by the Pros themselves.