Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Seran, The Stormless Serenity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esa

10-31-2012

I love supports, and I don't really prefer to have champions designed to fill other roles suddenly taking on the job of support and doing it better than most specifically designed supports. I think it's time for a new support, and here is my idea.

Lore
As a sentient freelance creature of the Guardian's Sea, it was Seran's fate to watch over it's inhabitants and ensure the prosperity of it's waters. Seran, however, saw this as more than mere fate; he saw it as his duty, feeling that he owed the great sea something. His infatuation with the waters eventually led him to discover abilities of water manipulation he had never heard of before. As millenia after millenia passed, Seran perfected his water manipulation, and used it for good cause; imbuing the waters with mystical energies to heal injured creatures, or to forcefully control the currents in order to fend off dangerous predators. Seran had fallen in love with the Guardian's Sea, and it had shown him favor.

But one day, a black slime had infested the once crystal clear blue waters. Fearful for the weak creatures he had protected all this time, Seran tried with all of his might to control the waters such as to drive away the ooze, but he could not succeed. Seran could do nothing more than to watch as those around him who had not been blessed with mystical powers as he had, died off one by one, the ooze slowly poisoning each one of them. Seran had fallen deep into despair until one day, a boat had sailed into the waters. Curious as to what this object was that floated on the other side of the waters, Seran watched as a heavily suited figure climbed out of the boat, but before he could do anything, the black ooze took the man and drug him down into the sea. Seran did everything within his power to keep the darkness away from the figure, and enclosed all of his empowered magic in the waters around the man. Unable to fend off the darkness, Seran made a deal with the ooze. Take away what Seran loved the most: the sea, and save this man. The ooze consented, and took away Seran's amphibious figure. He cursed the aquatic creature with the body of a man, and stripped his gills and replaced them with lungs. Desperate for air, Seran struggled to the top of the waters, where he breathed for the first time. Not knowing whether or not the ooze had kept its deal and spared the man, Seran now sets out into the surface world to discover the truth behind the mysterious black ooze that had ruined everything he once loved.

Seran, The Stormless Serenity

Abilities
Tread[Innate]:
Each of Seran's area effect abilities leave a puddle of water for 3 seconds after casting. Allies who stand in Seran's puddles have increased mana regeneration per second based on their maximum mana. (1%/2%/3%)
Q - Renewing Rainfall[Active]: Range 750, Mana Cost(60/65/70/75/80), Cooldown(20/17/14/11/8)
Seran summons a small localized rainstorm at target area for 6 seconds, dealing(15/25/35/45/50(+10% AP)) magic damage per second to enemies within the storm, and healing allies in the storm for(10/20/30/40/50(+5% AP)) per second.
W - Raging Tides[Passive]:
Seran gathers the water around him/her over time, increasing his/her movement speed and mana regeneration every 2 seconds, up to (10/22/34/46/60)movement speed and (3/6/9/12/15) mana per second.
[Active]: Range 600-900, Mana Cost(40/40/40/40/40), Cooldown(10/9/8/7/6)
Seran releases his/her built up waters in target direction, dealing(60/85/110/135/160(+60% AP)) and knocking enemies back a short distance. Raging Tides' range is increased by how much water Seran has gathered.
E - Calming waters[Toggle]: Range 650, Area of effect range(100/200/300/400/500), Mana Cost(8/12/16/20/24) per second, Cooldown(2/2/2/2/2)
Seran releases a whirlpool of water on target location, slowing enemies standing in the area by(20%/25%/30%/35%/40%) and lowering their magic resist by(1/2/3/4/5) for every second they remain in the waters, up to a(5/10/15/20/25) cap. And increasing Ally movement Speed by(20%/25%/30%/35%/40%) and increasing their magic resist by(1/2/3/4/5) for ever second they remain in the waters, up to a(5/10/15/20/25) cap.
R - Nurture the Meek[Ultimate, Toggle]: Range 700, Mana Cost(20/50/90) per second, Cooldown(15/12/9)
Seran encapsulates target allied champion with a protective bubble of water, increasing their armor and magic resist by(10/25/40), healing them for(20/50/80(+10% AP)) every second, and dealing(40/80/120(+20% AP)) magic damage to nearby enemies every second.

Concept Art:
None of these are my works, but portray an accurate depiction of what Seran should look like in my opinion. Male and female versions are both included. Thumbnails attached below.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=flying+mermaid#/d535bc
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=flying+mermaid#/d1zfn6e
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=flying+mermaid#/d17sdje

Edit: After looking back at it after a while, I noticed a few things that could be changed.
-Reworked the passive to only regenerate mana. Realized that a safe pool of 10% hp heal is too strong.
-Reworked the numbers on Renewing Rainfall to balance out total damage numbers, and lowering ratios to improve scaling balance.
-Changed the movement speed numbers on Raging Tides to be a little less powerful earlier, and still maintain some form of power later. Also removed maximum mana scaling on the regeneration, as that was simply too much mana regeneration.
-Reworked the numbers on mana cost, healing, and damage for Nurture the Meek to eliminate some raw power, and also changed scaling ratios to prevent abuse, while still keeping AP builds viable.

AlphariusRising

10-31-2012

Seran Wrap.

lmaonade200

10-31-2012

like the idea, especially the passive

but the numbers are just wtf

her Q has a maximum of 480 base damage with a 2.4 AP ratio in an area, not to mention a strong heal that has 1.2 max AP ratio, compare that to Morgana's pool, which at max has a 425 base damage with 1.0 AP ratio.

and that ultimate, imagine if you built just a rabadon's deathcap with about 250 AP, that would equal 220 magic damage a second around an allied champion, even stacking capes of sun didn't add up to that much damage back in the day, all the while becoming a tank that never dies, since it's a toggle it can be maintained indefinitely (in a fight) with the proper build.

I think it's cool how you tried to make every skill affect everyone (allies and enemies) for dual effects, but sometimes if you add too many things it becomes too much, the problem here being that all of the skills are Area Effects, Lulu has a similar design where her skills have a dual purpose on both allies and enemies, the difference being that most of them are single target

Esa

10-31-2012

Quote:
lmaonade200:
like the idea, especially the passive

but the numbers are just wtf

her Q has a maximum of 480 base damage with a 2.4 AP ratio in an area, not to mention a strong heal that has 1.2 max AP ratio, compare that to Morgana's pool, which at max has a 425 base damage with 1.0 AP ratio.

and that ultimate, imagine if you built just a rabadon's deathcap with about 250 AP, that would equal 220 magic damage a second around an allied champion, even stacking capes of sun didn't add up to that much damage back in the day, all the while becoming a tank that never dies, since it's a toggle it can be maintained indefinitely (in a fight) with the proper build.

I think it's cool how you tried to make every skill affect everyone (allies and enemies) for dual effects, but sometimes if you add too many things it becomes too much, the problem here being that all of the skills are Area Effects, Lulu has a similar design where her skills have a dual purpose on both allies and enemies, the difference being that most of them are single target

Keep in mind though that he the Q is over time, and the effect is only maximized if you remain within the rainstorm for the full duration. Not many people will be gettin magic rain balls dropped on their head the whole duration, and when used as a defensive tool, it really places vulnerability in some aspect because it requires good positioning. True the numbers are relatively high, but I made them this way so that smart timing and positioning would have to be put into effect with each cast. Also keep in mind that the ultimate is a very huge mana drain, so keeping it toggled on for more than 10 seconds will pretty much deplete your entire mana pool, and if you build large amounts of ap, you sacrifice support favorable stats such as mana regeneration and cdr, and even flat mana(as he/she obviously favors). But who knows, maybe I really did just conceptualize the most broken thing to ever be created.

PeeingOne

10-31-2012

YES! Water is my favorite element and I would put myself in debt to finally get my water based mage support! PLSS!

Esa

10-31-2012

Quote:
PeeingOne:
YES! Water is my favorite element and I would put myself in debt to finally get my water based mage support! PLSS!

Haha yeah water is generally my favorite out of elements of power. I like playing fizz a lot just because of the playful fish he is.

Esa

10-31-2012

Bump? Just want some opinions really. I like creating things in my head and having others critique them.

Shanryu

11-01-2012

bump for great justicce

Nhan Fiction

11-01-2012

+1 for water buddy!