New map - Better than the old

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhoSTmaNFu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Because the old one was not meant to be played like 5v5. Riot is making it more of its own map. More jungle play and ganking. Not farm lane and visit jungle once every 3-5 minutes for dragon/creeps/lizard

You can't fix the Old TT to accomplish what Riot is trying to accomplish with the new TT. Sorry fanboys.

Learn to play the new tt or go play dominion because it is just so similar. Peace.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Less jungle play.
Less objectives.
Shorter map.
Longer lanes.
No lane walls to USE leaps.
No wards.
Things that don't belong in DOTA type games (speed boost, shrine)
Snowballs worse than the old map.

Encourages one team type.

Very diverse. Very new. Very "coool"

Nidalee Too Gud

10-31-2012

New tt is ridiculous u play with exhaust ignite all and u just fight and dont lane this map is pathetic.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
Less jungle play.
Less objectives.
Shorter map.
Longer lanes.
No lane walls to USE leaps.
No wards.
Things that don't belong in DOTA type games (speed boost, shrine)
Snowballs worse than the old map.

Encourages one team type.

Very diverse. Very new. Very "coool"

I agree with less objectives being a problem. I feel like the new map is solely about killing the other team and taking towers/altars.

That said, its Beta for a reason. They will fix all the of uncomfortable problems with this map soon enough.

Runix

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoSTmaNFu View Post
Because the old one was not meant to be played like 5v5. Riot is making it more of its own map. More jungle play and ganking. Not farm lane and visit jungle once every 3-5 minutes for dragon/creeps/lizard.
I agree - a reboot was needed, and this is a move in the right direction.

To the other comments above, I think the number of objectives is about right. The objectives are significant and worth controlling, but there aren't so many of them that the jungler can just hide out in the jungle and never come in lane. That forces more of a jungler/roaming style rather than pure jungling, which means more team fights and a more dynamic game. That's a good change, in my view.

As for the comment on team comps: huh? The old TT had a very small pool of viable Champions and team comps, mostly two bruisers and an assassion (e.g., Trynd, Singed, Shaco) with Champions with blink being far more powerful than those without. I've seen a much greater variety of viable Champions and team comps on the new map, from bruiser teams to AoE teams to glass cannon teams to balanced comp teams.

msl767

10-31-2012

i lane quite a bit fight for buffs jungling is great thryd cant pop over walls every fight and hail marry and escape every time the buffs seem a bit unbalanced....one side mooar coins other 10%damage....
was meh all the fighting was great and u cant turtle for hours...which is amazing maybe a little over kill on the turtle but ok yea it makes laning end at 8mins...wich considering its suposed to be a 15-20min game is nice

ApolloMk2

10-31-2012

Fan boiz be hatin

Nularia

10-31-2012

Meh, until Riot does something with it, I will only see it as trash, and a fake imitation of what Twisted Treeline was.

I can only hope the "Beta testing" they are doing, will actually fix issues, though a fair amount of their player base who only played TT and disliked the new map might have already left by now. I know for a fact I've completely stopped playing 3's, they claim it's the same game, but it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoSTmaNFu View Post
Because the old one was not meant to be played like 5v5. Riot is making it more of its own map. More jungle play and ganking. Not farm lane and visit jungle once every 3-5 minutes for dragon/creeps/lizard

You can't fix the Old TT to accomplish what Riot is trying to accomplish with the new TT. Sorry fanboys.

Learn to play the new tt or go play dominion because it is just so similar. Peace.
Your right, the old map wasn't meant to be played like 5v5, it wasn't played like 5v5. If you think it was, then I'm sorry you thought so, but it wasn't.

The old map had plenty of jungle play, since most of the map was taken up by the jungle, there was plenty of ganking and team fighting. Farming, has always been the most effective way to get items quickly, ( Cept dominion and Proving grounds, they just hand you gold ) if you don't want a farm lane, then go play dominion/prooving grounds, farming has been a fundamental part of MOBA's since the beginning.

What is riot trying to accomplish with the New TT other then try to appeal to players that had no intrest in Twisted Treeline before? All it's done so far is bring bad games, raging, and a very unhappy fan base, yes, it's Beta, yes, things MIGHT change, but with how they are just moving forward with bots? I doubt it, they might tweak items, but they don't do anything with things players are disliking. as for your last comment, if most people don't like Twisted Treeline, BECAUSE, it's got dominion elements in it, why the hell do you think they'd go play dominion? I think you just seriously need to get over yourself and think about the fact a fair amount of players complaints might ACTUALLY be legitament instead of just kissing up to riot for a pretty new map.

I didn't play Twisted Treeline for fast, one sided games, that were more centered around being blind and hoping you don't get ganked.
I didn't play Twisted Treeline to stop farming, and stand on an alter for however much time it takes, and camping them like no tomarrow.

I played Twisted Treeline for something that wasn't 5's and wasn't dominion, it was fun, it had flaws sure, but they were fixable, but riot decided to scrap an entire map because they didn't want to deal with these flaws, and just threw them out as unfix-able, and tried to start over, this bothers people, it's not unexpected, and their entire deaf ear over the parts many players didn't like isn't making the situation better.

And for the record, a fair majority of the players who don't like the new map, have already probably stopped playing, the only reason Riot is seeing any sort of number increase on the maps or stability, is the fact "Everyone" wants to try out the "New map" given time, people will grow bored of it, just like they did the old Twisted Treeline, and go back to whatever they were doing, I just hope riot managed to attract enough flies with this Vinegar to keep it stable.

Exqzr

10-31-2012

Nyar,

You are making some excellent posts that capture the feelings of of the REAL TT community.

I am trying, and sometimes failing to put up with the imposters and "guests" that are testing out the new map (and are not nor will they ever be 3 v 3ers) saying how much they like the new map and we all need to get a life. I say go back to Dominion or SR. The REAL TTers know you are temporary annoyances and your welcome has worn out.

I will guess that most of them are Dominion players who feel at home with the new TT and the similar play style or failed SR players who had no better luck on the CLASSIC TT and see this new map as a "new" opportunity to show some results.

Sorry to say, It's Not going to happen for you. The New TT is going to be harder to get consistent results on than any other map. Soon I will prove this with Videos I am working on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyariatheshaman View Post
Meh, until Riot does something with it, I will only see it as trash, and a fake imitation of what Twisted Treeline was.

I can only hope the "Beta testing" they are doing, will actually fix issues, though a fair amount of their player base who only played TT and disliked the new map might have already left by now. I know for a fact I've completely stopped playing 3's, they claim it's the same game, but it's not.

Your right, the old map wasn't meant to be played like 5v5, it wasn't played like 5v5. If you think it was, then I'm sorry you thought so, but it wasn't.

The old map had plenty of jungle play, since most of the map was taken up by the jungle, there was plenty of ganking and team fighting. Farming, has always been the most effective way to get items quickly, ( Cept dominion and Proving grounds, they just hand you gold ) if you don't want a farm lane, then go play dominion/prooving grounds, farming has been a fundamental part of MOBA's since the beginning.

What is riot trying to accomplish with the New TT other then try to appeal to players that had no intrest in Twisted Treeline before? All it's done so far is bring bad games, raging, and a very unhappy fan base, yes, it's Beta, yes, things MIGHT change, but with how they are just moving forward with bots? I doubt it, they might tweak items, but they don't do anything with things players are disliking. as for your last comment, if most people don't like Twisted Treeline, BECAUSE, it's got dominion elements in it, why the hell do you think they'd go play dominion? I think you just seriously need to get over yourself and think about the fact a fair amount of players complaints might ACTUALLY be legitament instead of just kissing up to riot for a pretty new map.

I didn't play Twisted Treeline for fast, one sided games, that were more centered around being blind and hoping you don't get ganked.
I didn't play Twisted Treeline to stop farming, and stand on an alter for however much time it takes, and camping them like no tomarrow.

I played Twisted Treeline for something that wasn't 5's and wasn't dominion, it was fun, it had flaws sure, but they were fixable, but riot decided to scrap an entire map because they didn't want to deal with these flaws, and just threw them out as unfix-able, and tried to start over, this bothers people, it's not unexpected, and their entire deaf ear over the parts many players didn't like isn't making the situation better.

And for the record, a fair majority of the players who don't like the new map, have already probably stopped playing, the only reason Riot is seeing any sort of number increase on the maps or stability, is the fact "Everyone" wants to try out the "New map" given time, people will grow bored of it, just like they did the old Twisted Treeline, and go back to whatever they were doing, I just hope riot managed to attract enough flies with this Vinegar to keep it stable.

Enabled3k

10-31-2012

Quote:
No wards.
Teamo Approves.