Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who is the best baby sitter for early game aggression?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brosiris

10-03-2010

I'm playing xin zhao a lot now, and I've had some great success laning with sona, but I haven't really tried laning with a good taric/janna. Who is the best babysitter when trying for first blood?

Basist

10-03-2010

Taric is nice since he has a stun/heal/armor reduction. The downside is after the short stun is down, Taric is pretty worthless after for doing damage.

Janna can bubble Xin for more damage, do a knock-up to disable BOTH enemy champions shortly, and has another slow.

My vote goes for Janna.

Tieryal

10-03-2010

Taric is not worthless for damage at all.

Synergize

10-03-2010

Quote:
Brosiris:
I'm playing xin zhao a lot now, and I've had some great success laning with sona, but I haven't really tried laning with a good taric/janna. Who is the best babysitter when trying for first blood?

By first blood, do you mean right away before/just as minions spawn? ie, level 1.

At level 1... Sona with her attack skill (Q) probably does the most damage. If she uses Q three times (she could charge it up before you initiate) she can also use her Sheen-like autoattack passive. That also gives her good range so that she can hit things that are running back to their towers. Unfortunately, she has no CC, not even a slow.

Tarics usually take their stun at level 1. It can last for a fairly long time if he uses it from max range. Unfortunately, that means it will do very little damage, and without boots, Taric will have trouble making it into melee range to smack them around before the stun wears off. Alternately, he could use the stun at a closer range to do more damage, but at the cost of duration. Even with the second method, Taric won't be doing as much damage as a Sona.

Janna could go two ways for first blood babysitting. She could level her tornado. That does some good damage plus a short knockup. If she uses it from the bush, the enemies can't see it charging, and therefore have a smaller chance to dodge it. Tornado also has HUGE range. Alternately, Janna could level her shield first. Not only does this give you a little extra defense, it increases your attack damage by 14. Not bad for level one! Tornado probably gives better damage and has MUCH further range than Xin's attacks, plus a very short CC. Shield gives extra defense and a bit of damage, but with no CC and shorter range (since the shield's extra damage output relies on Xin's attacks). Janna's passive also slightly increases your speed.

I don't know who's the best, but these are some things to consider. I suppose you should make the decision based on what you usually need more -- Sona's pure damage? Taric's CC? Janna's defense + damage? Janna's range + CC?

SirCumference

10-04-2010

Stun/slow combo's are effective. Like Xin with dash and Panth with his aegis. One takes Exhuast and one takes Ignite. It's a great combo to get early kills. Of course we are getting wayy off topic from who's a better baby sitter.

As stated before Janna and Taric are great baby sitters. You should throw Morgana in there too.

Stacey Shin

10-04-2010

My vote for Nidalee, you probably wont get alot of FBs, but you get a pretty descent heal, a pseudo ward, a nuke, and some insane burst. Also a increase to AS

Brosiris

10-04-2010

I would never make a morgana be my lane partner over taking a solo, she's really one of the best AP carries and NEEDS a solo IMO.
Nidalee isn't as strong for zoning as janna/taric/sona
Nunu maybe, but I'd really prefer to have a ranged auto in my lane because it's harder to get zoned, i can get away with it with taric because he can heal and do some strong burst to keep people on their toes. Nunu just pecks at people with his q.

DrDragun

10-04-2010

Babysitter and trying for first blood are 2 different things.

There is no better babysitter than Soraka due to infinite heals and mana and +16 magic resist aura passive. Soraka is never picked because she offers a worse package in team fights during midgame and lategame whereas the others (Sona Taric Janna) offer better control and buff abilities.

But for laning levels 1-5 or whatever, she and her lane mate are unkillable except by a hard multi gank if your team doesn't have map awareness, have infinite mana for harass, and can basically zone out any non-heal lane combo at whim. Soraka is by far the best level 1-5 babysitter mostly due to infinite mana.

xFERx

10-04-2010

Janna, her shield is just OP

Redenbacher

10-04-2010

What about Zilean? Time Bomb harass + Charge should be a fairly easy early kill, and a speed boost if necessary to finish them off.