Issues with non-english speakers ruining games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

40K Irvine

11-13-2012

Im from Chile and most people who play have learned to speak at least some usable english, ive actually had more problems with people outright refusing to speak english due to a bad attitude in game. at least with the brazilian server i have encountered this problem less lately.

PandoraIsALady

11-13-2012

In game if they are speaking spanish I usually ask (in my limited spanish) if they can speak english because I don't understand. They usually don't care to help me understand... O_O

phil002

11-13-2012

The argument needs to be just about the language barrier in communication. There are equal numbers of trolls, bad players, and silent players in all languages. I think this topic has gotten a little off with peoples personal bad memories.

We need to look at it from a neutral point. Imagine 2 teams are evenly matched and nobody is trolling etc. But one team has multiple languages, the other all speak the same. This can be a problem. If communication wasn't such a big deal they wouldn't allow you to report for lack of communication.

Do I like getting matched with Spanish speakers? No not really. Lol is a team game and I prefer talking to my team, even if it is non game related, it helps lighten the mood.

This is why I think we need a server for south/central America that is Spanish based.

Kronusx

11-14-2012

why do people always defend the non-English speakers?Like seriously,those language barriers cause a huge amounts of problems. I am a non-English person myself, and yet I speak Romanian, English and French. One of the qualifications I had to dodge due to a trynd and a ram that couldn't understand what laning was which was def a big issue since we had no jungler. So yes, not speaking English is a big issue, and that's coming from someone that learned it.

Clifin

11-14-2012

My native language is spanish, and i agree with the OP. The official language of the NA server is english. There is no need to be fluent, but learning basic commands and answers takes about 10 minutes. The people who donīt bother to do it are just plain lazy, there is no other way to describe them. Unfortunately the spanish speaking population is incredibly small, we have to adapt.

Clifin

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil002 View Post

This is why I think we need a server for south/central America that is Spanish based.
There is going to be one, unfortunately is for Brazil, which is a portuguese speaking nation. So spanish speaking countries do not benefit much from it.

MoreEqualAnimal

11-14-2012

This whole thread is funny because all the complains are about trolls not communicating with their team that just happen to be non-english speakers.
And not at all about non-english speakers trying and failing to communicate with their team.

It is simple: If a troll is a non-english speaker, they will most likely troll you speaking their language, in wich case they will undoubtedly tell you to learn that language.

Now, with that being said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTemplarFury View Post
Guys... I think this is getting out of line for pretty selfish reasons. As Shadogi so elegantly put it, NA server does not mean "hi, this is a server where only English caucasian middle-class people can play". Right now, North America is a conflux of cultures, and I think you're just venting a game-related frustration onto racial minorities, the same way Hitler, Stalin and other "marvelous human minds" did in their days.
This dude just broke the law.
So i think they win?
Riot, you can ban non-english speakers nao

Yourcatmolested

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreEqualAnimal View Post
This whole thread is funny because all the complains are about trolls not communicating with their team that just happen to be non-english speakers.
And not at all about non-english speakers trying and failing to communicate with their team.

It is simple: If a troll is a non-english speaker, they will most likely troll you speaking their language, in wich case they will undoubtedly tell you to learn that language.

Now, with that being said:

This dude just broke the law.
So i think they win?
Riot, you can ban non-english speakers nao
That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. Not people who DON'T, people who CAN'T. I've had many games where people throw out broken phrases like "Need bot dragon mid".
wtf does that even mean? It does no good if you're trying to communicate but simply cant.