Issues with non-english speakers ruining games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iWREQ

11-04-2012

Hey its cool Ill just have the other 3 people I like to que with learn Spanish JUST to accommodate the one who doesn't speak English.. great logic. I shouldn't need a translator page open, I shouldn't need an interpreter to play a game. . Its ridiculous lately 8/10 of them have been trolls any ways (garen.. gets boots.. all dorans blades.. only knows how to say Demacia jajaja when we comment) Yes there are just as many English speaking trolls but at least sometimes u can talk them down (and we have) My favorite is when they que in doubles, and you and ur friend call bot lane.. then they say nothing.. pick an adc as well as supp.. its just.. amazing.. or they pick mid/top champs.. then try to go bot.

Shadogi

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Most English speakers DO communicate. Why wouldn't they? Pogo, I'm not xenophobic at all, I just don't think you should be on an ENGLISH speaking server of a game when you more than likely ruin the experience.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our server is determined by geographic region, not language. So NA does not mean English.

I've always enjoyed the American ego that whenever referring to North America in any context, they think we mean America.

khila

11-04-2012

pings

DarkTemplarFury

11-08-2012

Guys... I think this is getting out of line for pretty selfish reasons. As Shadogi so elegantly put it, NA server does not mean "hi, this is a server where only English caucasian middle-class people can play". Right now, North America is a conflux of cultures, and I think you're just venting a game-related frustration onto racial minorities, the same way Hitler, Stalin and other "marvelous human minds" did in their days.

There is always a way to be a team. First of all, the item's names stay that way to every guy playing the game, and it doesn't matter if he talks Spanish, Hindi or Japanese, Infinity Edge will ALWAYS be Infinity Edge. Second... why do you guys think Riot Games implemented the ping feature? Just to annoy people?

MaruEC

11-08-2012

Instead of what you are thinking or saying, most of the latin american ppl who has internet access, do speak some english, but the language is not the real reason of your team losses.. is becauses you might have made a mistake and is preferable to blame the non english speaker person.. that is nothing but immaturity and xenophobia.. i have read english speaker saying "Hola Mexico taco" when i speak spanish.. and "chica, mami" too.. "machete" never fails.. after that probably we never speak english again in the game.. that kind of ppl dont deserve a friendly actittude..
Its a Game, ppl win or lose, but some respect would help you in real life.. you dont know how to deal with other cultures, that is all, just xenophobia..

NiceDynamite

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTemplarFury View Post
Guys... I think this is getting out of line for pretty selfish reasons. As Shadogi so elegantly put it, NA server does not mean "hi, this is a server where only English caucasian middle-class people can play". Right now, North America is a conflux of cultures, and I think you're just venting a game-related frustration onto racial minorities, the same way Hitler, Stalin and other "marvelous human minds" did in their days.

There is always a way to be a team. First of all, the item's names stay that way to every guy playing the game, and it doesn't matter if he talks Spanish, Hindi or Japanese, Infinity Edge will ALWAYS be Infinity Edge. Second... why do you guys think Riot Games implemented the ping feature? Just to annoy people?
If you go to the forums, go to region select, pick NA, it offers only English. Meaning NA servers were more than likely made for English speakers. And most of the time, non-English speaking players kind of do their own thing, which is the problem. I've encountered a few games where they speak little to no English but followed pings, or followed us into teamfights and did well. But a majority of non-English speaking players don't follow any sort of instruction, don't follow pings, and just go off and do they're own thing.

Moe Moe Kyuun

11-08-2012

I usually have no problem with Spanish speakers unless there is multiple of them. They usually talk a lot in the chat, bring up my characters name or try to give me orders in Spanish. It isn't just a little fun talk either, it's like they are having a full talk about their life. Which would annoy me in any language. I do understand some words though... Oh and the pinging, I cannot stand spam pinging. I just end up getting frustrated because everyone starts pinging everywhere.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
But a majority of non-English speaking players don't follow any sort of instruction, don't follow pings, and just go off and do they're own thing.
An identically equal percent of English speakers do these things as well.

NiceDynamite

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
An identically equal percent of English speakers do these things as well.
That's not the argument. I know they do. The argument is that instead of possibly getting that player that listens and will contribute as opposed to one who throws out cursewords in spanish.

Solany

11-08-2012

The thing is, a big majority of the non-English speakers are actually not a problem. You probably don't even notice most of them. But because you had some bad encounter, some of you have grown to hate them. And that's probably why you have bad experience.

I myself am a non-English speaker. Sometimes, I get in a game, say a sentence in French to my friend for whatever reason, and then someone starts flaming at me for not speaking English. It annoys me because I think that some American people just think that their country - and their language- is the only important thing in the world. So when someone starts telling me to "learn English", I usually just ignore them cause I don't want to start arguing in a game.

So when you talk about non-English speakers only knowing bad words, they're actually probably trolling and making fun of you cause they think you're a dumb racist. Just saying.