Issues with non-english speakers ruining games.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruEC View Post
I think is possible to learn spanish too.. not everybody has to speak english, and this is an internet entertaiment.. its open to the whole world.. that thing is just racism..
I don't *think* anyone is saying they must learn English, just that there should be some way to separate English/Spanish players as there is a legitimate language barrier. It's really no one's fault, we're both on the same continent, but it is a problem when playing a team based game!

Since teams can't talk directly to each other in game, it could be set that each team is all one language, but I don't know if there is a large enough Hispanic population for that to be viable. I'd hate to lengthen their queue times out of convenience.

NiceDynamite

10-31-2012

Basically ^

Sentient23

10-31-2012

i think the best is when you get a game full of players not speaking english on the north american server, only to get perfectly phrased, grammatically correct insults thrown at you if something goes wrong.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

As if you don't know any Spanish swears.

phil002

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
As if you don't know any Spanish swears.
That's part of the problem. I played a game tonight where in champ select we had a solid team. Then in game ashe who said nothing went top, forcing sion to go bot with me as Leona the support. The ashe never replied to anything we said until sion said something in Spanish then I'm pretty sure an insult war started but the only thing I knew outta the conversation was "son of a *****" so I knew there was insulting going on but that's all I could pick up.

Also the same ashe trolled our surrender vote with the mid who both had zero kills. We all played like **** that game and the score was like 50-5 and sion and I had 2 a piece. They wouldn't let us surrender at 20, instead we had to drag it out another 10 minutes

JcGNeon

11-01-2012

http://wordreference.com

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedopolice2021 View Post
You're either an idiot or just ignorant. If my team doesn't understand english, and for the record, I'm not saying just Spanish speakers, I'd rather not isolate one group, but anyway, if they don't understand when the rest of the team is saying "all group mid" and they just run around doing nothing, how is that NOT detrimental? Sure they might understand pings, mia, etc, but when someone is saying "buy wards" or trying to communicate items, locations, etc, not speaking/understanding English is OBVIOUSLY detrimental.
So, for the record, you're not anti-Hispanic, just generally xenophobic?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil002 View Post
That's part of the problem. I played a game tonight where in champ select we had a solid team. Then in game ashe who said nothing went top, forcing sion to go bot with me as Leona the support. The ashe never replied to anything we said until sion said something in Spanish then I'm pretty sure an insult war started but the only thing I knew outta the conversation was "son of a *****" so I knew there was insulting going on but that's all I could pick up.

Also the same ashe trolled our surrender vote with the mid who both had zero kills. We all played like **** that game and the score was like 50-5 and sion and I had 2 a piece. They wouldn't let us surrender at 20, instead we had to drag it out another 10 minutes
If this never happens to you with English speakers, consider yourself extraordinarily lucky.

iWREQ

11-01-2012

Someone brought up the very good point that I try to get across every time I get a non english ( or very broken english) speaking team member.. NA server english being the only option. Iv seen some exceptionals ( lol in another thread someone mentioned the guy who screws the game up but then ends up carrying like a BOSS) but the majority of the time its a huge lack of communication that really makes the game painful. Please make more variety of servers so this can be avoided.

Xendorn

11-01-2012

They can read good enough to get into LoL, they should be able to read good enough to know roles and what not. People just like to troll IMHO

123456 ... 7