Is AP Nidalee viable in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

10-31-2012

As the title says, do you guys think she's viable in high level dominion. I've seen her a few times and she is pretty good but seems to fall off very hard come late. Personally throwing spears seem pretty fun but want to see if she's actually half-good before i drop the IP.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

well, she's half good. If you can land the spears then they will chunk hard. but she almost needs a team to babysit her as she doesn't have any CC. so decent, but maybe not the best in solo queue. AD nid might work decent tho.

LucidFlux

10-31-2012

Only if she has aim...

IronAegis

10-31-2012

I've had a lot of success using AP nid, so don't let others bring you down as to her viability. To do well, though, there are a few things you're going to have to do right:

Spears

If all you do is sit back and chuck spears all day, you really aren't contributing much to your team, but there are plenty of times that spears can be helpful and turn the tide of a fight. Always try to target the squishiest members of the enemy team where a full-distance spear can have the most impact. If their ADC goes from full to almost dead as your team engages, you've done the first part of your job. Get used to leading with spears and/or using them to cut off avenues of escape. Forcing the enemy to take a path the trips them up or cuts them off from a health pack makes a big difference.

Fight in cougar form a lot

Once the enemy or your team decides to engage, sitting back and throwing spears isn't going to cut it. Lead in as you close the gap with a spear, then shift into cougar and mix it up. Even as AP you will have decent burst capability, just make sure you're using Q on low-health enemies to finish them off and/or pounce to finish off runners. If the fight isn't going your way, head for the nearest brush, where your passive and pounce may get you out.

Everyday you're Bushwhacking

Nid's traps are greatly underrated in Dom, and you can use them in a variety of ways. In the initial top fight, you can drop them right on the point to shred armor/MR off the tank and do some decent damage along the way. You should always use them to cover backdoor avenues or paths to your point, where the vision can give you a heads up as to where the enemy team is heading. Personally, I max this right after spear.

Give the ADCs the Juice

Nid's heal is also a nifty AS steroid, so always take that into account. AD champs are more likely to take full advantage of the buff, and if you're about to engage/be engaged by an enemy team, don't feel shy about loading them up with it even if they're at full health.

I'll always love AP Nid

Duelpower

10-31-2012

Dat powerpoint presentation.