Maokai in new TT map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gutter Runner

10-31-2012

Hello,
I'm wondering what people think about Maokai. In some tier lists he is at tier 3 usually, but I really don't understand why. I found him quite strong.
He has his E for great harras and scouting. Fantastic when you looking for enemy team at the beggining.
His W makes him excelent initator. Just follow your Q and create chaos
He is tough, has good damag and he is a freackin tree
I played as Maokai few games in new TT and I love him! So people - why isn't he great? just explain it to me this weird fact.

Nakumine

10-31-2012

I sadly have not given Maokai a good look on the new TT despite him being my first main champ. I agree that with saplings and gap closing along with survivablity, he should be considered. My theory would be that there are other champs that play the role he would typically fill better, like Amumu, Nautilus, or Shen.

The role I'm talking about would be basically in-your-face peeling to protect others on your team from all the tanky dps you'll be going against. I am sure that he is perfectly viable, I think it's just that not many people give him a chance over others mentioned above.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

He is amazing, and does quite well on the new TT.

I've played numerous games with him, and rarely did I actually have to change my build.

-Philo>Eleisa Miracle(if ninja tabi)/Shurelya's reverie
-HoG>Randuins Omen/Locket of the Iron Solari
-Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
-Rod of Ages
-Frozen Armor/Thornmail
-Abyssal Sceptar/Force of Nature

I rarely change my build for Maokai.

Nakumine

10-31-2012

Wouldn't it be better to scrap RoA and build Blackfire Torch instead? I realize RoA has better stats, but it also takes longer to build, and then even longer to realize it's full potential whereas Blackfire Torch gives you everything Maokai loves plus some additional damage.

chaser676

10-31-2012

My friend lanes Mao since he got the harrowing skin, hasn't lost yet. We'll bring it to ranked soon.

He builds ROA or blackfire, abyssal, and frozen heart

Freon160

10-31-2012

Maokai is a complete boss at new TT. I build him as a tank/support
Philo stone > merc treads > sunfire cape > rod of ages
by that point other team usually surrenders, but if I could keep going I would build philo into a revelry, get force of nature and maybe rhylias.

itokekush

10-31-2012

Mao is a beast every where. I used to main him jungle when i got the Xmas tree mao skin. I played him so mush i can take him anywhere now, ive won mid lanes going AP. Now I know lots of you meta freaks will disagree but i think in 5v5 kill lanes bot work well. Although u sacrifice some team comp having no ADC, as long as you can shut down the enemy you will role all over them late game. He has knockback, slow, snare, gap closer and good early damage. 3v3 he is even greater thanks to fast clearing of wolfs and wraiths and additionally the saplings are 35 sec wards which is SUPER EFFECTIVE since you cant buy wards in the store. If you haven't played him on the new TT or ever at all i highly recommend him!

-Happy Halloween, your friendly neighborhood toker's

Ettsen

10-31-2012

not to mention his ulty is broken when only 3 people can attack you.

Legend of Dr3w

10-31-2012

One would think that Maokai, having lore ties to TT, would be viable on TT.

Twilight Monkey

11-01-2012

Those who place him in tier 3 don't undestand the utility you can get from him.