new to the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1nf3c7r4xx

10-31-2012

I'm semi new to the game... I've seen my roommate in college rage while playing it and I played it with friends when I was visiting them... I don't exactly like to play as support characters such as healers and boosters so I was wondering which characters would be the best to be full out offensive with... Maybe a strong melee character or a strong ranged physical attack character? I also would like to know the best ways to use the characters... if you could explain without using the words farming and all the LoL lingo that would be fantastic thanks in advance

Ladayen

10-31-2012

Offensive champions using physical attacks are called Attack Damage(AD) carries. Offensive champions using magic attacks are called Ability Power(AP) carries.

Graves and Corki are the generic go to AD carries. However they are on the expensive side to buy. Ashe is cheap to buy, and free to try this week, is a good AD carry to start with. Also free to try this week is Sivir, Olaf, and Riven. Talon is also free this week but he is an assassin, meaning you use all your abilities at pretty much the same time and then you have to wait for them to come back, but the enemy may be dead already.

1nf3c7r4xx

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Offensive champions using physical attacks are called Attack Damage(AD) carries. Offensive champions using magic attacks are called Ability Power(AP) carries.

Graves and Corki are the generic go to AD carries. However they are on the expensive side to buy. Ashe is cheap to buy, and free to try this week, is a good AD carry to start with. Also free to try this week is Sivir, Olaf, and Riven. Talon is also free this week but he is an assassin, meaning you use all your abilities at pretty much the same time and then you have to wait for them to come back, but the enemy may be dead already.

I sucked as ashe this past game... I found I was ok with Lulu my second time playing as her but I didnt get many kills with her... I never get many kills with anyone

Grymdyn

10-31-2012

Lulu is usually a support character as far as I know. As with any champ, you can usually play them another way, but that's the main way I've seen her played.

Probably the best thing to focus on early is last hitting minions. The extra gold generated can make or break a champion and mean the difference between a kill/assist or death based on the items you're able to buy.