Abam

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

10-30-2012

This is just for fun. Never should ABAM replace Summoner Rift games, but it is healthy to supplement it with stress-free times I think!

I think some more people should check out ABAM's. It's like ARAM but you get to choose your champion, which leads to a couple of fun(ny) things.

First, its fun because NO ONE DODGES. That should be reason enough!

Also, you get both teams who think they have the most OP ROFLOMGBBQ teams out there.

Furthermore, usually only good ARAM players opt to go ABAM so you don't have to worry about that noob Corki Valkyrie-ing in every chance he gets only to die. Third, teams get to have some unique styles of wombo combos, like having a Wukong, Orianna, and Lulu on the same team.

Fourth, it's a good stress reliever outside of normal games.

Fifth, it does teach some aspects of poking and team fighting (my ADC carry skills have seen a HUGE improvement especially with kiting/chasing). I'm not saying this will make you a god without SR (you don't learn how to CS, you don't learn how to zone without 5 people, you don't learn about map objectives, you don't learn about split-pushing) BUT it definitely can improve SOME aspects of play (dodging and hitting skillshots, kiting/chasing, itemization, team coordination, how to poke, what your team is good at, specific synergies).

Have fun! This should be played as just a stress reliever though, I'm not saying you should ever replace SR with it! But for some downtime, check it out!

Quartzmonkey

10-30-2012

No thanks. Too predictable.

Oh look. There's Lux, Nidalee, Ziggs, Yi, and Ashe. Shocking.

Professor You

10-30-2012

That mode is boring and will stay boring until you can have 5 copies of a champion on a team.

LostLaneWonGame

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor You View Post
That mode is boring and will stay boring until you can have 5 copies of a champion on a team.
All Draaaaaven all mid is going to be a thing, just you wait.

Sooty Show

10-30-2012

I average about 5-7 people dodging per ARAM game.

Its terrible. People reroll to play smaller toons and play against nubs for self satisfaction, and people dodge ARAM to get a big advantage over their opponents.

Kalarepa

10-30-2012

ABAM is boring, imo. Everyone picks OP heroes and if you decide to not pick OP on, you will get totally steamrolled by enemy Jayce or Katarina.

Killzerz

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty show View Post
i average about 5-7 people dodging per aram game.

Its terrible. People reroll to play smaller toons and play against nubs for self satisfaction, and people dodge aram to get a big advantage over their opponents.
ABAM =l= ARAM.

Killzerz

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
No thanks. Too predictable.

Oh look. There's Lux, Nidalee, Ziggs, Yi, and Ashe. Shocking.
Hard to argue with Nid, but the others can all be counter-played pretty well. You see them a lot, but they aren't broken by any standards.

Killzerz

10-31-2012

Bump for justice!

SandwichforLunch

10-31-2012

Abam

all blitzcrank all mid