How has Darius not been nerfed yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stcZazz

10-30-2012

Does riot enjoy our suffering?
He's the most anti-fun character in the game, right above Teemo on the new TT.

I realize that you can ban him out in Ranked, but there's no solo queue, so assuming I don't have two friends who enjoy TT on, I have to suffer through playing him 9 matches out of 10.

Riot pls -_-

Šuperman

10-30-2012

Darius is too op. I feel your pain.

Ryconn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

i would agree Darius is a bit on the strong side, even when lossing his ult just deals so much damage once he reaches 5 stacks on his passive which he can do within seconds and with the reset on kill it gets really dangerous to teamfight knowing that once you hit below half hp you can be killed almost instantly

stcZazz

10-30-2012

His kit is simply too strong.
Pull, slow, AOE nuke, and a Execution ult with true damage and instant refresh.
Not to mention a passive that gives him built in ignite.

I realize he's slower than a crippled turtle, but it doesn't matter too much on 3s. He can simply force initiations and demolish your life.

Hypergate

10-31-2012

The problem with Darius is that they balanced out the fact that he can't run away from a fight by making it so he never has to run from a fight. It's designed to be almost impossible to win a 1v1 with a Darius who has a keyboard and a basic understanding of how to use it.

fiddlesticksssss

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypergate View Post
The problem with Darius is that they balanced out the fact that he can't run away from a fight by making it so he never has to run from a fight. It's designed to be almost impossible to win a 1v1 with a Darius who has a keyboard and a basic understanding of how to use it.
New map makes it so renekton can 1v1 darius .

ArthePyrko

10-31-2012

Simply he was made for SR... there are 5 enemy, they can kill him (thinks this Riot). But on TT hes really ugly! Tell meg guys, which champion can deal 900dmg with an ulti at lvl 16? Consider that, at lvl 16 most of champs has at least 100 armor and 100 mresist... And darius deals some spells, 2-3 hits, and an ulti... doesnt matter you had ~2300hp ~100 armor, he kills you, while Darius has just defensive items! Are you sure Riot?
Health 426 (+93) Attack damage 50 (+3.5)
Attack speed 0.679 (+2.6%)
Armor 20 (+3.5)
Magic res. 30 (+1.25)
Tell me guys! Which other champ has this high + rates for these???
Thx Riot... Now i cant play fun normal games becouse 10/10 there is a darius...must go against stupid bots... great...

FDru

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
New map makes it so renekton can 1v1 darius .
No? Renekton has ****ty sustained damage, and Darius has a 2 second autoattack reset, and permanent free armor pen; he deals ridiculous damage without building for it and there's not a single thing that gives Renekton an advantage over him.

fiddlesticksssss

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
No? Renekton has ****ty sustained damage, and Darius has a 2 second autoattack reset, and permanent free armor pen; he deals ridiculous damage without building for it and there's not a single thing that gives Renekton an advantage over him.
Van dam's pillager, atma's, overlord bloodmail, Boots of your choice, and blade of the ruined king. Stun Q dash dash stun with full W does around 600-700 damage, Q, ult if you need to darius might waste his ult, shoot blade of the ruined king, GG darius. Now go play renekton, because van dam's pillager just made him viable with spell vamp. Darius is broken for sure, but his late game is much less of a nightmare than his "lmao i will one shot your entire team early and mid game" also if you build correctly you and still 1v1 darius mid game.

Haeval

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Van dam's pillager, atma's, overlord bloodmail, Boots of your choice, and blade of the ruined king. Stun Q dash dash stun with full W does around 600-700 damage, Q, ult if you need to darius might waste his ult, shoot blade of the ruined king, GG darius. Now go play renekton, because van dam's pillager just made him viable with spell vamp. Darius is broken for sure, but his late game is much less of a nightmare than his "lmao i will one shot your entire team early and mid game"
I would normally agree with this, but it's too much of a late-game comp. Most reneks won't even get half this geared against a team with Darius.

I've seen Darius managed easily with a few key range adc champs, but not on the new TT. There are too few methods of escape....Also, if you have haste as Darius, (especially on the new map), all ranged champs are out.

Honestly, there are a lot of complaining threads about Darius, but not very many solution threads. I propose at least one or more of these changes to make him more balanced, but to keep his tank-killer feel:

1, Make his bleed last the same amount of time as GP's passive. This would make him need to stay in combat for him to be as effective, making him at least trade a few kills/deaths rather than trololol-stomping everything and running away while you die. Teemo has long lasting poison, but teemo has to stay out of combat to begin with, like most range champs. Darius is supposed to be up front and center.

2. Extend the cd on his grapple, IF IT MISSES. If it hits, congrats, and he gets to use it sooner, sort of like his ult. If it misses, punish him for spamming it.

3. Put a small cd on his ult, even when he kills someone with it. I'm not saying give him even 20 seconds. That's the wrong feel for a dunk-for-fun champ. Think Kass's ult. 5-6 seconds would be good as a resetting cd after a kill... Maybe even 2 or 3 would make fights more balanced.

4. Make his armor pen gear-dependent. If he's got less ad, don't let it get that high. The reason why a tank Darius can still handle most other champs is because of his armor pen. If you made it so it is ad-dependent, and caps at what it is now (so it can't be abused), that will ensure that a TRULY heavy-hitting Darius can be taken down easier.

5. Lower the scale on his TRUE DAMAGE ULT. OR, make it ... I don't know,... AD DAMAGE? Imagine Cho biting 5 people in a row. That's what you have here, except usually worse, because Cho doesn't often get over 1100 true damage in one bite. This is average for Darius late game.