Maybe new matchmaking system needed:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senator Snort

10-30-2012

At least for single play non-ranked... it would be nice to have one of the following 2 systems or some variation:

1) When you enter the champ select screens, you not have a few little "cards" or buttons you can press to indicate what you are building. For example, I pick Teemo and then I click off a little button that says "AP Carry." This would then display my intent to my team mates. Or for example in DOM "Bot Lane" "Tank" "Support" "AD Carry" and so forth. Have a new report feature straight out of the gates to respond to trolls who go against their selected roles.

2) Have a "Dungeon Finder" type of system... as you click through to what game you are trying to join that you are picking the roles you are willing to fill... and have an indicator on champ select screens with what role you are going to pick. Obvious flexibility for 3v3 but more stringent matchmaking for DOM/Classic modes where roles would be defined like above: "Bot Lane" "Tank" "Support" "AD Carry" "AP Carry" type of thing... in Classic "Jungler" etc can be added. The danger is obviously that you don't want to set the game in stone with 1x Tank, 1x Bot Lane, 1x AP Carry, 1x AD Carry, and 1x Support... that wouldn't be the intent... it would moreso be in place to at least create discussion right away with the various roles.

Part of the reason I would suggest this is that right now there is no discussion going on in champ select. Even when someone asks questions people just simply are not answering. It makes it very very difficult to pick a champ to match your team mates who literally are stone cold silent. This at the very least will force people to indicate what role they are interested in being, and outlines that for everyone else in the game(on your team)... and then if you can fluctuate reporting to counter trolls in any new system: PERFECT... hold people accountable for their actions when they pick Singed... and not respond if they are heading top or bot lane... or teemo if he is going AP or AD.

Gablesmath

10-30-2012

1 - it's the same as calling your position in team chat, you can consider this already "implemented" and even required nowadays

2- That would be awesome, but it wouldn't work, unless they choose to settle into one meta (that is what we see right now : tank top/jungle , mage mid, bruiser top/jungle, adc + support bot), doing this would block any strategic improvement of the game. For example double bruiser bot works really great! But wouldn't be possible with that system.

They are great ideas, but I think Riot has other more important things to improve before going into tiny details like that.

Senator Snort

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gablesmath View Post
1 - it's the same as calling your position in team chat, you can consider this already "implemented" and even required nowadays

2- That would be awesome, but it wouldn't work, unless they choose to settle into one meta (that is what we see right now : tank top/jungle , mage mid, bruiser top/jungle, adc + support bot), doing this would block any strategic improvement of the game. For example double bruiser bot works really great! But wouldn't be possible with that system.

They are great ideas, but I think Riot has other more important things to improve before going into tiny details like that.

I think I want to liken my idea more to a card game... where you have a bunch of cards, and it's time to reveal... what you would be willing to play as.

"I have an AP Carry, an AD Carry, I can go Bot, I can tank... whatever we need guys, show me your hands."

That's kind of how I see a newer system in LOL. More a "forced" indicator to what people are picking... and planning on playing like. Like I said: even something as simple as an indicator... a button that you MUST click as you champ select to show your team what you are doing.

Obvious example: As I select Alistar, I MUST pick a role... so I click on "Tank" as I click to pick the champ... now my Alistar picture shows a little grey shield in the bottom right for everyone on my own team to see my intention.

Just something as simple as that would be massive. Little pictures like... I don't know... whatever a picture of "bottom lane" would look like.... or AP Carry... etc.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senator Snort

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post

So let me get this straight... you want to poo-poo an idea that forces you to... at the very least... reveal what role you want to fill in solo queues? So when picking a champ, for example Teemo, everyone has zero clue what position you want to be. If you choose to say nothing in champ select: we have no clue how to build our team properly.

I don't understand what the big massive deal would be to force someone to click a button as they champ select that outlines their intent. You don't necessarily have to rebuild the queue system, but more just have something there to reveal your intention as your champ shows.... prior to locking it.

How it would work:
1) Pick your game type
2) Champ select starts
3) Click on the champ you want to play as
4) System forces you to click another little button stating "tank" "bot lane" "jungle" "AP" "AD" "Support" ... however many or miniumum that is needed
5) Now you have actually champ selected and only now will it show to the side to everyone on your team
6) Lock

Also: being a ****** and patronizing to anyone who wants to breach an obviously very popular topic... telling us we are retarded and idiots for bringing it up? Not cool. Obviously if people are bringing up a topic <gasp> MAYBE just MAYBE this topic is important to a lot of people and needs discussion and solutions. The current system is FAR from perfect and batting your little girly eyelashes, calling everyone down about it, isn't making the system better. It just makes you an *******. Congrats.