@RIOT NOME: Status?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

10-31-2012

I'm guess it's probably the Armor Pen change. Possibly adding a couple items, but I'm going to go with the former.

RiotNome, you should visit more often. It's nice to have even an iota of attention once in a while.

Koravel

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm alive, and there are a somewhat minor (but maybe impactful) change coming to Dominion next patch. I'm waiting for S3 to hit before diving too far, because it can potentially change how bruisers itemize on the map.
Can you confirm what Yegg said? Riot has no intention of releasing ranked dominion in season 3?

If that is the case, many of us would love to know the logic that led to this decision, as every single time I've had a discussion with someone, we've decided that this would be not only a good way to grow the dominion community, but far and away the best way to grow it.

DiscworldDeath

10-31-2012

Koravel, Yegg said they have no plans to release Dominion when S3 begins, but in a later post he said that doesn't mean they won't turn it on mid-season if they decide it's right.

Koravel

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Koravel, Yegg said they have no plans to release Dominion when S3 begins, but in a later post he said that doesn't mean they won't turn it on mid-season if they decide it's right.
He pretty much implied they weren't releasing it, as there are "other things" they feel would grow the community better.

I would love to know what other things they are talking about.

IronAegis

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
"other things" they feel would grow the community better.
I keep seeing this sentiment from Riot, but they never specify what changes would help grow the community better than a ranked queue. I'm not sure I get it, assuming that ranked replaced the normal draft queue that no one uses.

If they really have no intention of giving us ranked soon, then at least lay out the plan for the map. Something like "First we need to do this, so expect changes to (itemization, auras, champ balances, etc. Then we can move into ranked."

So far what we've received is "We're going to to change...something..maybe..we have plans?"

George W Nome

Game Designer

10-31-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Can you confirm what Yegg said? Riot has no intention of releasing ranked dominion in season 3?

If that is the case, many of us would love to know the logic that led to this decision, as every single time I've had a discussion with someone, we've decided that this would be not only a good way to grow the dominion community, but far and away the best way to grow it.
I don't really want to confirm anything, because matchmaking is not my area of expertise (I don't work on them... at all!).

Also, it's not just the armor penetration changes. Lots of itemization quirks as well. I don't want to spoil anything

RapZero

10-31-2012

Probably because dominion is unbalanced and takes relatively little skill to play.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:

Why do people misquote like this? Do they not even read?

He said they had no plans to release ranked dominion at the *start* of s3, and they would evaluate as it goes on, first focusing on supporting the map in other ways.

Illyriomysterio

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I don't really want to confirm anything, because matchmaking is not my area of expertise (I don't work on them... at all!).

Also, it's not just the armor penetration changes. Lots of itemization quirks as well. I don't want to spoil anything
Is Renekton going to have viability in late game whatsoever due to these changes?

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Why do people misquote like this? Do they not even read?

He said they had no plans to release ranked dominion at the *start* of s3, and they would evaluate as it goes on, first focusing on supporting the map in other ways.
True, however, the concern is stemming from past quotes, mainly dealing with the new TT that they didn't want to have the seasons be different lengths ie. ending the TT season early because they got a new map so it was a different game (as the whole point was to change some of the fundamental aspects of the map). Therefore, it is logical to assume that they wouldn't begin a ranked queue in the middle of a season, and that is what people are trying to confirm/deny