Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

an idea for ranked queues and elo hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozaryn X

10-30-2012

I'm sure there have been plenty of these in the past, but never one from me. elo hell - people claim that if you are good enough you will carry your team or at the very least win 55-60% of the time and slowly advance. These claims are true. On paper. When I Queue up for solo/duo I usually explain that I would like to mid. As most of you know at the beginning of a match people generally call out their lane preferences. I would say at least 50% of the time someone takes and locks in a mid character before its my turn to pick. Hey they pick first! you might say.. this is true, but now that I have tanked to below 1100 I can honestly say that in almost every game the person taking mid is not going to out preform me(1450 ranked 5's mid position). Now the fact that I have to play one of my lesser roles isn't that big a deal, but what if the whole team gets thrown out of whack? 1 player takes a role then the offended player takes someone elses. Before you know it there is a troll pick.. the game starts off on the wrong foot entirely. Now to get to my point. I think riot should allow players to queue up for specific roles or perhaps list there preference in order.. top 2 top 3, whatever so when you enter champ select everyone has a label for their role stealing or changing without consent from the team would become a reportable offense similar to afk/griefing. Yes queue times would be long for the more popular roles (top mid jungle), but it would push players to try their hand at support and adc if for no other reason than to drop queue times. If riot feels this is too drastic I ask to bring back queue dodging.. i'll gladly drop 5 elo, but i would like an immediate requeue. often times I can't play many games in a row so a 30 minute wait may end up losing me time for a game that day.

Best Furry NA

10-30-2012

Role queuing just keeps getting suggested... *sighs* Short answer:

1. No creativity. Duo jungle/duo mid with Blitz/etc won't get played. Also, duo top or solo? Duo is definitely viable. Riot likes creativity.

2. How to choose what champs can go where? I don't want a Garen mid, but at the same time, some interesting things that might get blocked out exist-- like support Zyra/Anivia, Nunu mid, and such.

3. Never made this point before but I just thought of it. Lower levels aren't likely to understand this, and team comps don't work the same for them. Sometimes AP bot can work at lower levels better than an ADC. It's really hard to jungle pre-level 20, and season 3 will make that even moreso. Doing this at low levels is really rough to enforce.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-30-2012

1) walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext walloftext

2) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432

Ozaryn X

10-30-2012

i'm talking specifically about competitive ranked queues where the general strategy is solo top, jungle, ap mid, duo support adc bot. In normals or ranked 5's you can be as creative as you like, but when 3-4 other people are relying on you for there elo gain it's not the time to try ap corki jungle.

Ozaryn X

10-30-2012

as for the "blocked out" theres no need to block champions fo specific roles, leave it to the players in the game and the tribunal to decide whether it was a troll pick or not.

KingSnafu

10-31-2012

this isnt WoW really any champ can fill at least 4 roles if the person behind it knows how whereas WoW the game u stole it from the holy paladin heals and thats it, the priest heals and thats it, the hunter Dpses and thats it. So it works if u put 5 mins of thought into ur idea you wouldnt have made this post